England v Holland/Squad annouced

andykeenan

England were without Rooney, Lampard, Terry, Cole and Gerrard(well he played about 20 minutes). Have to say without them tossers in the team I actually respected England team tonight.

As for Holland they are a top team and will probably be in last 4 in summer so was no shame losing to them

i would have won £30 if it had stayed 2-2 :(

englands defence was shocking, robbens 1st goal, box to box without a single tackle, we saw several times tonight the dutch were happy to be ruthless to us when we broke, they let us back in, tbf all 5 goals tonight were great play by the scorers and at the same time really poor defending, hopefully we learnt welbeck isnt ready/good enough and richards should have been RB for years

and im sorry to say but the picture of klass jan hunterlinger in a daze with a bloody nose and a mouth full of grass was absolutely hilarious, horrible clash of heads but that pic was unfortunately brilliant

Scott Parker named England captain this evening

Shocking decision by Stuart Pearce.

Gerrard should be captain.

I have to ask why?

What has he ever done in an England jersey?

He's already mooted he'll retire from International football after the Euros so why make him Captain for this friendly.

We should be looking at a Captain for the next few years IMO - Joe Hart would've been a better option than Parker but SP is not a bad shout either.

At least SP hasn't grabbed the headlines for no footballing reasons unlike Mssrs Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Rooney and Cole etc etc

He's a decent enough ambassador and if anything a safe bet to ensure an easy transition for the new manager (Redknob) to take over.

Gerrard has been captain of Liverpool for years.

He just captained his club to a trophy at Wembley on Sunday.

He also captained them to Champions League glory in 2005.

He also has 90 caps for England.

Scott Parker is not even the captain of his club side.

And he only has 11 caps for England.

Scott Parker named England captain this evening

Shocking decision by Stuart Pearce.

Gerrard should be captain.

I have to ask why?

What has he ever done in an England jersey?

He's already mooted he'll retire from International football after the Euros so why make him Captain for this friendly.

We should be looking at a Captain for the next few years IMO - Joe Hart would've been a better option than Parker but SP is not a bad shout either.

At least SP hasn't grabbed the headlines for no footballing reasons unlike Mssrs Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Rooney and Cole etc etc

He's a decent enough ambassador and if anything a safe bet to ensure an easy transition for the new manager (Redknob) to take over.

Gerrard has been captain of Liverpool for years.

He just captained his club to a trophy at Wembley on Sunday.

He also captained them to Champions League glory in 2005.

He also has 90 caps for England.

gerrard has had his chance and done **** all with it, he hardly took part in the last qualifying campaign because he was injured, parker was one of our best and most consistent players

using what gerrard did in 2005 as a reason as to why he should be captain in 2012 sums up why england will always be shit

England were without Rooney, Lampard, Terry, Cole and Gerrard(well he played about 20 minutes). Have to say without them tossers in the team I actually respected England team tonight.

As for Holland they are a top team and will probably be in last 4 in summer so was no shame losing to them

Gerrard was dreadful, think the others would've improved us, except maybe Terry based on this season.

The first half was very good from us. They didn't look like a World Cup final team, we made them look very average. Unfortunately a lot of top players are always "injured" or injured for friendlies so they'll never gel. Same old, same old in the tournement.

Welbeck was poor again, honestly don't get the hype. Most of my mates think he's amazing too.

From the little I've seen of him he has a lot to learn when it comes to decision-making, often goes for the shot when a pass is the better option.

Didn't watch the match but I think the current England set-up lacks defensive leaders - Vidic-style players. Dawson might be a good bet, hugely underrated imo, but he probably doesn't have a chance seeing that he's 3rd choice at Spurs.

That doesn't mean anything, why should the number of caps he has have any bearing on his ability to lead?

That doesn't mean anything, why should the number of caps he has have any bearing on his ability to lead?

Also, Parker has shown more quality in 11 caps than Gerrard has done in 90!

Also, Parker has shown more quality in 11 caps than Gerrard has done in 90!

Let me ask you who was the best England player at the 2010 world cup? Or if you think they were all crap, who was the least bad? It was clearly Steven Gerrard, no England player performed better than Gerrard in South Africa. He also got man of the match against T&T a the 2006 world cup. I dont get the opinion that Gerrard never does it in an England shirt. Admittedly he plays better for Liverpool, but he has had many good games for England.

Anyone agree?

Not plumping for Gerrard over Parker or vice versa, I was just stating my view that the number of international caps a player has is irrelevant to his ability to lead.

Â