What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Not played it but I've been told it's terrible by someone who is very much into his racing games.

Your friend must have bad taste in games. I'm not dismissing the abundance of problems DC obviously has but when it works it is incredible. It's been patched heavily since launch and is much more stable now.

Edited by Ingram85

Playing Modern Warfare 2 with the silenced ump brings back memories of when I was in year 8 when it first came out and how our whole lives basically revolved around that game. The amount of fun I had with it will probably not be matched ever again because of playing it nearly everyday with my friends. Great fun, wish I could go back to them days. Ah.

From what I was told the AI cars also just stick purely to the racing line so it's easy to get past them.

That and the laughable choice of cars.

I thought the car selection was quite decent if I'm honest, a bit like fozra horizon, no need to have 500+ cars, just cherry pick the best ones. Could do with some jags though.

Multiplayer is the main core so a.i is unimportant but as a mainly single player I haven't noticed anything I've not encountered in GT before, they aren't the most individual or risk taking a.i. drivers but I've seen plenty of jostling and fighting in races with them and it's much less 'rubber bandy' and scaletrix esque than GT.

I bloody love it and can see past its flaws though so I'm a bit biased towards it.

Edited by Ingram85

From what I was told the AI cars also just stick purely to the racing line so it's easy to get past them.

That and the laughable choice of cars.

I thought the car selection was quite decent if I'm honest, a bit like fozra horizon, no need to have 500+ cars, just cherry pick the best ones. Could do with some jags though.

Multiplayer is the main core so a.i is unimportant but as a mainly single player I haven't noticed anything I've not encountered in GT before, they aren't the most individual or risk taking a.i. drivers but I've seen plenty of jostling and fighting in races with them and it's much less 'rubber bandy' and scaletrix esque than GT.

I bloody love it and can see past its flaws though so I'm a bit biased towards it.

GT > DC

It's in my top 5 ps3 games, I absolutely loved it, sounds like they have moved on to something else though, should be revealed at the Sony even this weekend so no number 2 :(

I think they're revealing their next project at E3 2015.

the best GTA race is the GTA marathon. you get as many people as you can and run a circuit around edge of the map. guns allowed but those that get killed are allowed to drive from their spawn point back to the pack, which means you have to choose your kill wisely.

yes, i just made that up on the spot.

this game development shit is easy.

You mean to say you didn't enjoy doing 53345 laps of the Test Course?

Ginko made me do something like that in GTA once.

Well that's just a lie, isn't it? To think, I'd almost forgiven you for making me do that.

• Like 2

Picked up the crew yesterday on ps4, £25 new in game. Anyone looking for a test drive unlimited replacement, get it. The map is effing huge! It has race tracks like Sebring and Laguna seca dotted around and you just drive in and have a few laps or enter a proper race, then when you are done you can go sight seeing to Yosemite or times square. The scale is like nothing I've ever seen in a game before. I drove from Detroit to new York then down to Miami and it took me 45 minutes in game. I reckon to do a loop of the map would take 3hours. Maybe more.

Graphics while certainly not the prettiest are nowhere near as bad as they are made out. Looks like tdu on PC. More than good enough.

The handling model however leaves a lot to be desired, it gets a lot better as you level up and tune your car and I can see why the devs did it so you start out rubbish and improve your car as you go along but initially it's like guiding a greased up bath along an ice road. Not the best first impression but like I said, I understand the thinking behind it.

This could be an underrated gem imo, I'm having tons more fun with it then I thought I would. Right, I'm off to Vegas, then maybe Seattle, or the south east, I've heard the Florida keys are nice this time of year....

So far I'd give it a solid 7.5.

Edited by Ingram85

I hope they've improved it a bit since the beta because I found it not only very dull, but I also thought the controls were rubbish and the whole layout of the different races and other things to do was poorly implemented and not intuitive in the slightest.

I hope they've improved it a bit since the beta because I found it not only very dull, but I also thought the controls were rubbish and the whole layout of the different races and other things to do was poorly implemented and not intuitive in the slightest.

It's the same game.  I thought it was just okay, it's let down a little by the fact it's a last gen release

The correct answer for arcadey open world sims is always Forza Horizon.

Edited by Rino8

Â