What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

No worries dude, it's a lot of fun. When we tested it the test team got cut down to about 12 of us and we were all really good mates. We spent so much time testing the multiplayer and getting paid for it (minimum wage though), it was an absolute blast.

Basically they wanted to to a HD remake of Goldeneye but they weren't allowed to for whatever reason, either something on Nintendo's end or because they couldn't get the James Bond licence. In the end they just went for the next best thing in Perfect Dark as Rare owned the IP and therefore Microsoft acquired it when they bought Rare.

I'd be interested to see if there's much of an online community nowadays but even if there isn't it still has local multiplayer and the solo campaign, obviously.

Edited by Ginko

After 16 years, I've finally completed Half Life.

For a 1998 game, it holds up surprisingly well. Roll on HL2!

If you take 16 years to complete Half Life 2 then you might just have finished it in time for the release of Half Life 3. 

• Like 3

Yeah, it's a great game. Dunno if it holds up to where it was ten years ago, a lot of great games have came out since, but it's one of my favourite games ever.  Episode 1 & 2 are excellent too.

ravenholm is a very special place in gaming lore 

i cant remember the end of HL2 and i think i can just about remember the end of episode 2 but the fight at the end of episode 1 was brilliant, im sure one of the episodes has a set piece in a prison too where you get attacked from everywhere that was really good too

orange box is £6 on PS3 / 360 at CEX, its the best gaming purchase you'll ever make

Just started Fall Out New Vegas. Not played any Fall Out games before, but I fancied trying one, seeing as how much I liked Skyrim and Bethesda having made that.

Its not grabbed me so far to be honest.

anyone playing the evil within?

its on my list but im not convinced by it enough to buy it at full price

It's enjoyable but certainly has some issues (namely a **** terrible opening act). The gameplay itself, once you settle into it, its actually pretty damn good.

I'm still more engrossed in Alien Isolation though.

Just started Fall Out New Vegas. Not played any Fall Out games before, but I fancied trying one, seeing as how much I liked Skyrim and Bethesda having made that.

Its not grabbed me so far to be honest.

Eh, I would have suggested Fallout 3 to be honest, but New Vegas isn't all that different.

Something special about Fallout 3 for me though.

Â