What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Will get GTA 5 eventually but I'm still sinking all my time into Skyrim. Just hit Level 50 and finished all quests on the Dragonborn expansion, which is excellent. Still got so much to do though. Reckon I'm about 20% into this in terms of number of quests. Brilliant game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have been thinking about buying Assassins Creed 4 lately since it's on sale for £23, anybody played it?

I thought 3 was awful, but i've heard okay things about this one (okay being better than 3 but not exactly groundbreaking).

Well, it really depends what you hated about AC3 (I personally don't get the hate for it, I loved it).

If it's the general gameplay, controls, graphics, storytelling structure, you'll probably dislike 4 just as much as you did 3 because in a lot of ways since AC2: Revelations, they've hit upon their formula so the games play very similarly.

If what you hated about AC3 was the story, Connor as a main character or the setting then there's a good chance you'll like AC4 as Edward is much more accessible and likeable, the story is good and the environments are beautiful and interesting.

If one part you liked from AC3 was the naval battle portions then you'll definitely fall in love with AC4 as that makes up a huge portion of the game itself.

Edited by Ginko

Well, it really depends what you hated about AC3 (I personally don't get the hate for it, I loved it).

If it's the general gameplay, controls, graphics, storytelling structure, you'll probably 4 just as much as 3 because in a lot of ways since AC2: Revelations, they've hit upon their formula so the games play very similarly.

If what you hated about AC3 was the story, Connor as a main character or the setting then there's a good chance you'll like AC4 as Edward is much more accessible and likeable, the story is good and the environments are beautiful and interesting.

If one part you liked from AC3 was the naval battle portions then you'll definitely fall in love with AC4 as that makes up a huge portion of the game itself.

I loved AC2, as well as Brotherhood and Revelations but the 3rd just didn't grab me. Dull character, a change in controls and menus that were difficult to get your head around and the game did a pretty poor job of telling you what to do. Wasnt a big fan of the setting, although parts of it were nice the towns just felt like something you'd see in a PS2 game.

Bought it regardless, seems like it's an improvement over what I didn't like about AC3 anyway

Well, I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot more than you did AC3. The menus are a little more streamlined I think, especially weapon selection, and I don't recall playing any PS2 game that had gorgeous locations like there are in AC4. The major cities of Nassau, Havana and Kingston aren't particularly anything special, Nassau has the most character in my opinion, but you'll spend more of your time on the open sea or on other bigger islands with jungle that are more interesting.

There's still some frustration with niggling controls that I've felt since the very first AC, but I guess I'm just used to it now.

I long for the days when you'll be able to do online coop campaigns, going off in groups around the wastelands, taking down supermutants and ghouls, going into abandoned vaults and subway systems.

I like doing it alone too, but it'd be a lot less creepy with someone watching your back.

I long for the days when you'll be able to do online coop campaigns, going off in groups around the wastelands, taking down supermutants and ghouls, going into abandoned vaults and subway systems.

I like doing it alone too, but it'd be a lot less creepy with someone watching your back.

That would be so good! Fallout is one of the games that will tempt me to go next gen. :)

I bought Assassins Creed 4.

Already has the wonder back of lovely surroundings and colourful characters rather than the hopeless dreary hole that was 3, and thats only after an hour or so's play. Still has the usual AC foibles as well, mind.

Beautiful on PC too.

• Like 1

Finally fionished off Far Cry 3 by getting the platinum, co op was better than I anticipated I must admit.

Started Skyrim last weekend, already clocked up 40+ hours on it.. kept missing my swings to start with and dying too easily on the back of that. Since I've got Lydia following me I get her to attack while I stand back and pick people off with the bow. Enjoying it.

While on the laptop at work I'm getting through some of my bargain steam games, Max Payne series, Walking Dead and will start Bioshock 1 after that.

Â