coda

not sure he had the egos at Madrid on side and he got their highest points total in their history. nothing else for him at Malaga. has showed he can deal with egos before like Riquelme

not sure he had the egos at Madrid on side and he got their highest points total in their history. nothing else for him at Malaga. has showed he can deal with egos before like Riquelme

I wasnt so much thinking about managing the egos, more the fact that I think he is a manager who needs time to bring success and chelsea don't give you time. Avb was brought there to change the future and playing style of the club and was sacked 6 months later. Pellegrini will be much the same. How many managers have they hired and fired there? 6/7?

Mourinho has lost his touch. 1 La liga and 0 champions league is pretty shit considering the squad and resources he has had.

The champions league will grate clearly, but I doubt he'll beat himself up over the league. Being up against the best side ever.

the thing that probably grates him the most is this is first time he has lost the dressing room and its also 1st time he has failed at a club. 1 title in 3 years is not really acceptable for Real Madrid

his record has been more than brilliant and arguably his legacy against this Barcelona team has seen them falter. e.g Bayern adapted basics of the Real approach but were more clinical than Real have against them

I'd like to see him take a real crap side like Stoke and show what he can do. When you are given a blank check every summer, it's not exactly the best test of your management acumen. No argument that he usually gets the best from his players, but look at the players he's had the good fortune of working with. I don't think he's quite the God that some people think he is...

• Like 1

the thing that probably grates him the most is this is first time he has lost the dressing room and its also 1st time he has failed at a club. 1 title in 3 years is not really acceptable for Real Madrid

Real Madrid have unrealistic expectations though. People have been talking the current Barcelona team up as one of the greatest sides the world has ever seen so Mourinho is up against incredibly stiff opposition on the domestic front.  The Champions League is notoriously difficult to win, there are half a dozen or more serious contenders for the competition every year and there are always very several very strong dark horses too. Everybody is so rich from the quarter finals onwards that you cant just throw money at the team until you win it either. It's also a cup competition, you need luck as well as a bloody good team to win it. 

So in the face of all that Mourinho has won one cup and one league title. He could win a second cup next week.  His team have made the semi finals of the Champions League in all three of his seasons after spending almost a decade getting beat in the first knockout round (check the history books, it's true) and the season they won the league they set a new points record (100) and also broke league records for most goals scored and biggest goal difference. His win percentage is the second highest in Real Madrid history. It's absolutely ridiculous that people are describing his tenure at the Bernabeu as a failure. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't describe his time at Madrid as a failure either. I didn't think anyone would be able to beat Barcelona at the height of their powers and he did it over a league season causing Guardiola to go into a self imposed exile. His record in matches against 'the best team the world has ever seen' has been very good as well. 

As Rev says, winning the Champions League takes a load of luck, any one of 8 teams could win it and you wouldn't be surprised at any of them.  

Edited by LondonLax

Â