coda

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

They look clueless under Lampard, and he's out here talking about platitudes like "this wasn't a Chelsea performance, you need to play with pride" etc. As toothless up front as they were under Potter, you could see how they were trying to play. 

Yeah, I thought he threw the players under a bus.  Normally takes a manger at least a year to do that, he lasted 3 games🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, I thought he threw the players under a bus.  Normally takes a manger at least a year to do that, he lasted 3 games🤣

Its the ex player managerial textbook

Not going well so blame others namely your own players

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

I think plenty of people did hate them for it, certainly for the football side of it.

But it was always one step removed in terms of sportswashing. It’s not some sheik directly buying City to make themselves and their country look better, it’s a Kremlin-linked billionaire spending his money to make himself feel important. I don’t necessarily think Putin gained much benefit from it in terms of PR.

Maybe not sportwashing, but a way of cleaning money. 

21 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Wonder who the player Boehly singled out was. Hard to guess as they signed so damn many in the summer. 

Knowing Boehly it was probably somebody who already left the club. Probably having a pop at Jorginho for not performing since January

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Chukwuemeka

Probably tried but couldn't get the name out. 'I'm sick of all of you underperforming especially you Chuka, Chuwu, erm, especially you Mudi, mude, erm, especially you Mount'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Really set up to overturn a two goal deficit here tonight. Lampard can't last until the end of the season surely?

He has to, it’s a joke club at the moment. If the my sack the caretaker then they’ve gone full pantomime.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Maybe not sportwashing, but a way of cleaning money. 

I don't think it's that either really. The aim with money laundering is to get the same amount of money out of the process at the end, but 'clean' (minus the fee to the launderer/the cost of the laundering process of course). Abramovic did not achieve this; he lost billions on owning Chelsea, and he never tried to run it profitably except as much as was necessary to fit FFP once it was introduced. 

To a certain extent he was probably trying to 'launder' his own reputation, which had certain advantages (such as, I assume, the benefit from listing Evraz on the London Stock Exchange), but mostly I think it's not too deep, he just loved owning a football club and watching it win stuff, and didn't really care about the cost. 

• Like 1

Sometimes the nightwatchman gets themself out before the close of play.

But I'm expecting one of those magical nights at The Bridge this evening. Who better to get this Chelsea team firing than a born winner like Lamps?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Sometimes the nightwatchman gets themself out before the close of play.

But I'm expecting one of those magical nights at The Bridge this evening. Who better to get this Chelsea team firing than a born winner like Lamps?

I’m hoping it’s 0-3 after 15 minutes and the atmosphere gets REALLY toxic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Wtf is lampard doing with that lineup?? He is aware they are 2 down not 2 up? That looks like a super defensive lineup.

If real score one its literally game over 

The bolded is why he's picked a cautious line-up. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wtf is lampard doing with that lineup?? He is aware they are 2 down not 2 up? That looks like a super defensive lineup.

If real score one its literally game over 

That midfield is McLeish esque in how defensive it is 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's crazy though. He has left sterling mudryk mount and felix on bench

They have about ten goals between them this season, he is right to drop players like Sterling

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's crazy though. He has left sterling mudryk mount and felix on bench

I imagine the logic is basically that if they try and go at Real for 90 minutes they will inevitably get caught on the counter and concede; the alternative is probably to frustrate Real, gradually get more expansive as the game goes on, and hope they nick one from a set-piece to put pressure on them. 

Do I think it will work? Nope. But kamikaze is probably even worse, on balance. 

On 17/04/2023 at 18:45, Keyblade said:

They look clueless under Lampard, and he's out here talking about platitudes like "this wasn't a Chelsea performance, you need to play with pride" etc. As toothless up front as they were under Potter, you could see how they were trying to play. 

What are you talking about? Frank knows the club and you don't really need any of this foreign tactics nonsense - he'll bring PASHUN and that's all that matters.

• Like 3

Â