coda

Just now, Thug said:

I doubt that very much

I assume if it exists it’s to allow a new owner to clear debts and bad deals left by the previous owners (not to go on a trolley dash buying up over-hyped, over-priced youngsters from around Europe).

1 hour ago, Thug said:

I doubt that very much

It is allowed if the new owners when buying wipe away the debt. It's a bit different of course of the buying of the club peddles the club with debt through loans, but Boehly and his consortium paid off all debts by amortising them into the sale figure. On paper and in the media Roman waivered all loans or debt, but the club was valued higher than it's worth to amortise those loans and debt. So therefore the club's spend allowance was more due to not having debts which show on the books. Simon Jordan for one has been very vocal about how it's unfair and should the debt be still on the clubs books after ownership changes hands.

Edited by stewiek2

25 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

Chelsea is probably spreading the signing fees over the contract lenght. A proper piss in the pants to keep warm tactic that will backfire when they have to ged rid of non performing players with high wages and not being capable of fetching book value on the players.

Maybe Boehly thinks its like US Sports and puts Aubameyang and Sterling on waivers

1 hour ago, Thug said:

That’s stupid.

so one owner could come in, spend a gazillion, then sell the club to his brother, who could pay off that debt and carry on?

What a joke of a system

I agree. the Chelsea deal was vastly overvalued in my opinion but Abramavich waivered any payback of loans and debt so could value the club higher than it's worth so Boehly and co effectively paid the valuation as it sort of included the debt as well without it showing as that. 

It's been going on for years, even before FFP. When they were haemorrhaging money at the beginning of the PL era and Bates wanted to sell, he set up a separate Chelsea company, shifted the assets onto it, used the old company to gain vast loans and debts then filed the old company for bankruptcy so that Chelsea was a far viable option for any potential buyer. Roman paid more than their value due to Bates wanting more as he could point to Abramavich not having any debt to take on. Generally a buyer will take on the debt but pay a lower amount.

Bates did it himself when he bought the club for a quid but agreed to take the debt on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

How is it possible that they are paying these prices yet still cruising through ffp?

It’s been discussed in detail over the last 2 pages.  

In summary - contract lengths, 8th highest turnover in world football, minimal spending 2 years ago, using up leeway for the next 2 years. 

A 5 year deal for a manager with zero experience in managing a fairly big club and . .at £12 mill a year. Plus pay £20 mill in comp for him.  Paid 100 mill for Kabaily and Fofana. One is injured constantly and the other is past his best.

And now 80 mill on a rapid player who plays league 1 level. 

From what i was reading the 80m on this guy is spread 10m over 8 years for his contract so 10m a season. So this idiot could actually be screwing them over in next 5-8 years as they already blowing the money for those years now

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

From what i was reading the 80m on this guy is spread 10m over 8 years for his contract so 10m a season. So this idiot could actually be screwing them over in next 5-8 years as they already blowing the money for those years now

Guess they will just loan him out for an eternity if it doesn't work out there 'The Chelsea way'. 

19 hours ago, The_Steve said:

How is this lad worth £89m? 

This might explain part of the inflated fee.

£22m donated by Shaktar to Ukraine War Effort

"Shakhtar Donetsk president Rinat Akhmetov has pledged to donate £22m to the Ukrainian war effort following the transfer of Mykhailo Mudryk to Chelsea.

The Premier League side signed Mudryk from Shakhtar on Sunday in a deal worth up to £89m, a transfer record for Ukrainian football.

Akhmetov said the money would help a project named 'Heart of Azovstal,' aimed at "helping Mariupol defenders and the families of fallen soldiers".

Ukraine was invaded by Russia in 2022.

"I want to thank the entire civilised world for helping Ukraine," said Akhmetov.

"Today we are able to talk about Ukrainian football thanks to the Ukrainian army, the Ukrainian people, and the tremendous support of the entire civilised world."

Akhmetov said he had "mixed feelings" about Mudryk leaving Shakhtar for Chelsea.

"I have never made it a secret that my dream is to win European trophies," he said.

"This means that players like Mudryk should be invited to our club, to our Ukrainian championship, and we should win European trophies with such players.

"Unfortunately, it is impossible now, as Ukraine is fighting the horrendous and unjust war waged against us by the Russian Federation."

The Shakhtar president said money from Mudryk's transfer fee would go towards providing medical and prosthetic treatment, psychological support and meeting specific requests in order to help Mariupol defenders and the families of fallen soldiers.

"Their acts of bravery are unparalleled in the modern history," Akhmetov said.

He also said Shakhtar would play a friendly against Chelsea at Donbass Arena in Ukraine."

Furthermore in the article, it claims Graham Potter didn't get involved in the transfer. It sounds like he knew nothing about the deal, which may suggest the owner is employing a trolley dash approach to running the club. 🤣

"Chelsea manager Graham Potter says he has "no idea" of how the Blues secured the signing of Ukraine winger Mudryk.

The 22-year-old joined the Blues on an eight-and-a-half-year deal, but had looked set to sign for Premier League rivals Arsenal before he completed the move to Stamford Bridge.

"We're delighted he is here," said Potter after the Blues' 1-0 victory over Crystal Palace on Sunday.

When asked whether he had any part in convincing Mudryk to choose Chelsea, Potter said: "I've no idea in terms of how it's happened.

"I've been focusing on the game, as you can imagine, but he's an exciting player - a player with real quality, a young player that will need time to adapt to the Premier League and to us, but we're delighted to have him."

Todd Boehly, who led an American consortium in taking control of Chelsea in May last year, has recently stepped down from his role as interim sporting director, allowing new technical director Christopher Vivell and director of global talent and transfers Paul Winstanley to take a leading role in recruitment.

Mudryk is Chelsea's fifth signing of the January transfer window following the arrival of Joao Felix on a loan deal from Atletico Madrid, plus the permanent signings of Benoit Badiashile, David Datro Fofana and Andrey Santos.

Until this season Mudryk had only scored two goals in 47 appearances for three different clubs in Ukraine, but he increased his stature in this season's Champions League, scoring three goals in six games for Shakhtar.

He could make his debut appearance for the Blues in the Premier League against Liverpool, who sit one position above 10th-placed Chelsea, at Anfield on Saturday."

Most of their squad are on 5, 6, even 8 year contracts. If they don't win the league this year or next, they are going to be megaf**ked. Like financial explosion f**ked.

You think we have some deadwood on high wages!!

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Sterling already up for sale by sounds of it!

Probably have to loan him to Serie A like Lukaku as he'll soon lose his England place and on the decline now.

I'd consider him for Villa if it's a loan with option. He'd fit in well with the system UE is trying to build, even if he is frustrating.

Â