Mick McCarthy Sacked

Swerbs

I suppose, in the slightest of favours, scrambling around for something, they've been monumentally awful in getting thumped 5-0 twice in three matches, that it actually can't get any worse and they're only a couple of wins from pulling themselves out of it.

Nah, dead meat, sadly.

I actually now think they will finish bottom. To think in September they were top 4.
To be fair that was a false position. They were always going to be fighting relegation this season. That said, they've dropped like a stone since McCarthy was sacked. They're definitely down now.

Bye dingles, their loss is our gain as it is one more space taken that we could have dropped into. Them and Wigan and most likely QPR for the last place

I still think Wigan will get out of it again to be honest. QPR, Wolves and Blackburn or Bolton.

Without wanting to relating something much more serious than football, back to football (but I'm going to), Bolton's survival is, in my opinion, dependant on how the team reacts to the Muamba situation.

I actually now think they will finish bottom. To think in September they were top 4.
To be fair that was a false position. They were always going to be fighting relegation this season. That said, they've dropped like a stone since McCarthy was sacked. They're definitely down now.

Of course Wolves being in 4th place is a false position, but I thought they would at least build on that good start and have a mid table season and finish around 12 or 13th. I was not expecting the 22 game bad run that they are on. 18 goals conceded in the last 4 games. And three of those games were Fulham, Blackburn and West Brom. Not good enough. Say bye bye to the premiership dingles :wave::wave:

Without wanting to relating something much more serious than football, back to football (but I'm going to), Bolton's survival is, in my opinion, dependant on how the team reacts to the Muamba situation.

They were probably already safe but now they will definatley be safe, imagine the passion and desire they will be playing with! No chance they will go down, they will use it to motivate themselves I'm sure.

You would think so. But I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility that the players would be really affected by it (especially if the worst happens) and they might slump because of it.

But FWIW yes, I would agree that your scenario is more likely.

• 1 month later...

Never heard of him, is he any good? Wolves need to get promoted quickly after deciding to extend their stadium. Once again the owners mess up at a club and the fans have to suffer.

He won the league five times in a row at Copenhagen, then he got relegated last year in Germany with Cologne. Dunno how much you can read into it, Danish league isnt great (etc etc etc) or Cologne had flirted with relegation for a while and this year was finally their turn.

Â