Mick McCarthy Sacked

Swerbs

In hindsight they probably shouldn't have. But they're bottom of the league from week 3 onwards. Excluding their 2 opening round wins, they've managed 3 since then in 23 games. They were only going in One Direction™ under him.

Which ultimately means they left it too long, it was if they were waiting for an excuse to sack him and they got it with the derby day thrashing.

For a man with such as bad record it's surprising how Wolves fan held him in such regard.

That appointment is indeed them effectively accepting relegation. They probably shouldn;t have sacked Mick - Connors isn't going to be markedly better, if at all.

The thing that struck me with Wolves under Mick this year was that they often played really well, and then lost. It was like they were cursed.

Have you lot forgotten that there are 4 other very poor teams down there?
I haven't, but the point is that those teams have not been performing as poorly as Wolves from a results point of view, evidenced by the fact that Wolves have recently debuted in the bottom 3. Something they hadn't done even once until week 22.

Have you also forgotten Woves have a slightly easier run of games then the others?
That's simply not true no matter how you look at it. I've looked at the run-in of the 5 sides down there using various different methods to decide difficulty and Wolves come out of it no easier than anyone else to any significant degree. It's also a fact that during the run-in, games against sides with something to fight for i.e. sides potentially lower down the league, become a lot more difficult than they would be earlier in the season.

Crazy call. The Wolves chairman as just invited a whole load of crap coming his way when/if they go down.

Would have been much better off sticking with McCarthy until the summer, if they had no real idea who would step in.

Still, maybe Terry Connor will surprise everyone.

I actually think Wolves will stay up, despite their poor run. Wigan v Wolves on the last day, what a game. My basis for saying they have an easier run is that they have to play less of the top 7 then the others, but as you righly say during the run-in you get strange results and the bottom teams become harder to beat as they fight for their survival.

Wolves have embarrassed themselves.

"This is not a job for a novice"

Then they appoint a guy who has never managed a team before :lol:

You must be delighted though.

A proper English manager, not another of those beastly foreign types.

• 2 weeks later...
ROGER JOHNSON has been rapped by Wolves after turning up 'unfit to train properly'.

The £7million skipper apologised for his conduct but is likely to be fined £50,000.

Johnson arrived on Monday morning in poor shape having been axed by boss Terry Connor for the last two games.

He said: "My conduct and approach to training was below the standard the club needs of me and what I demand of myself.

"As a result, I have apologised to the manager, my team-mates and the club."

The shock came less than 24 hours after Wolves lost 5-0 at Fulham.

Johnson, facing a fine of two weeks' wages, was signed for £7million last summer by sacked boss Mick McCarthy.

Connor dropped Johnson for his first game in charge, a 2-2 draw with Newcastle, and the Fulham loss.

Johnson is understood to have trained with the reserves on Monday.

Connor said: "The matter was resolved internally."

Wolves are 18th and face a crunch clash with Blackburn on Saturday.

Oh dear...

I can see Wolves going belly up and getting relegated without a wimper...

Wolves were down the day they hired Connor. Johnson's behaviour doesn't help, but ultimately it just means they'll be down more comprehensively than they would otherwise have been :wave:

I was glad to see an Englishman given the opportunity to manage in the Premier League.

But Mick McCarthy is English and he was sacked so it's swings and roundsabouts.

One English manager in.

One English manager out.

I was glad to see an Englishman given the opportunity to manage in the Premier League.

But Mick McCarthy is English and he was sacked so it's swings and roundsabouts.

One English manager in.

One English manager out.

Mick McCarthy is Irish :winkold: of the plastic variety.

ROGER JOHNSON has been rapped by Wolves after turning up 'unfit to train properly'.

Well... I read that wrongly.

Judging by how he's played this season I'm amazed they noticed the difference.

Â