Mick McCarthy Sacked

Swerbs

Problem for him was a messy takeover and Tevez and Mascherano showing up at the club

Knobbing Carl Fletcher's missus probably didn't help, as well. Allegedly.

who is carl fletcher :?:

_41645858_fletcher203.jpg

Former West Ham player, current Plymouth Argyle manager.

Problem for him was a messy takeover and Tevez and Mascherano showing up at the club

Knobbing Carl Fletcher's missus probably didn't help, as well. Allegedly.

who is carl fletcher :?:

More interested in knowing who is Carl Fletcher's missus...

I think Curbs pulled out because he was interviewed and didn't get the job, I'd call it saving face.

I think the same thing, he don't deserve another prem job anyway. The arrogance he showed after leaving West Ham, claiming he was too big for a championship club, was ridiculous. Too big to manage Leeds, Nott'm Forest, Derby etc, yeah right.

He did a great job at Charlton in the PL, then was doing the same at West Ham. He definitely deserves another Premiership job. Certainly a lot more so than McLeish!

seems I was wrong, Wolves do want Curbs. I agree he did a great job at Charlton, and did alright at West Ham. He did deserve another prem job after them 2, and he is more deserving than McLeish, but my problem has been his arrogance. Don't see how his too big to manager in the Championship, especially considering how long he has been out of the game.

Did Curbishley say or imply that he did not want to manage in the Championship, or is that what you have presumed. Not having a go, just curious.

There were stories around shortly after he left West Ham. Can't remember if they were direct quotes, but the stories certainly implied he felt he deserved to stay at Prem level and would not be taking Championship jobs.

I see I'm not the only one who thinks Wolves have just signed their relegation papers by hiring an interim coach from within. I'd have taken Bruce in their situation, assuming he was even an option.

To be honest why would anyone want to go to them now? You can't just approach Championship managers mid-season as they simply won't jump at the chance as it's better off for them to stay at their current club.

That is, in a nutshell, why they shouldn't have fired McCarthy in the first place.

In hindsight they probably shouldn't have. But they're bottom of the league from week 3 onwards. Excluding their 2 opening round wins, they've managed 3 since then in 23 games. They were only going in One Direction™ under him.

Â