Mick McCarthy Sacked

Swerbs

I think Curbs pulled out because he was interviewed and didn't get the job, I'd call it saving face.

I think the same thing, he don't deserve another prem job anyway. The arrogance he showed after leaving West Ham, claiming he was too big for a championship club, was ridiculous. Too big to manage Leeds, Nott'm Forest, Derby etc, yeah right.

This ^^.

Think Poyet would be a silly move for Wolves right now, his teams have a habit of having a lack of discipline, not something you want down the bottom, he also has very little experience.

McDermott of Reading is also linked who I think is a fantastic upcoming manager, would be really annoyed if they got him. Again I think he would struggle to keep them up, but if they went down he'd probably bring them back up.

I hope they get Roy Keane though :lol:

I think Curbs pulled out because he was interviewed and didn't get the job, I'd call it saving face.

I think the same thing, he don't deserve another prem job anyway. The arrogance he showed after leaving West Ham, claiming he was too big for a championship club, was ridiculous. Too big to manage Leeds, Nott'm Forest, Derby etc, yeah right.

He did a great job at Charlton in the PL, then was doing the same at West Ham. He definitely deserves another Premiership job. Certainly a lot more so than McLeish!

He did a great job at Charlton in the PL, then was doing the same at West Ham.

thought he was crap at West Ham, bought a lot of mediocre players on high wages like Neill and Boa Morte then was given 2 world class players and then preferred Hayden Mullins and Marlon Harewood to Mascherano and Tevez(though latter eventually got in the team)

He did a great job at Charlton in the PL, then was doing the same at West Ham.

thought he was crap at West Ham, bought a lot of mediocre players on high wages like Neill and Boa Morte then was given 2 world class players and then preferred Hayden Mullins and Marlon Harewood to Mascherano and Tevez(though latter eventually got in the team)

I don't disagree with you there but the high wages were because of that idiot Eggert Magnusson. I have never known such stupidity. The worst thing about him was that it wasn't even his money but he acted like he owned West Ham on his own.

He was on the Icelandic version of MOTD a few weeks ago and my god I've never seen such a knob! He couldn't stop talking about how many people he knew in football back in England and acted like his time at West Ham was complete success.

If you haven't noticed I can't stand the guy.

He did a great job at Charlton in the PL, then was doing the same at West Ham. He definitely deserves another Premiership job. Certainly a lot more so than McLeish!

seems I was wrong, Wolves do want Curbs. I agree he did a great job at Charlton, and did alright at West Ham. He did deserve another prem job after them 2, and he is more deserving than McLeish, but my problem has been his arrogance. Don't see how his too big to manager in the Championship, especially considering how long he has been out of the game.

seems I was wrong, Wolves do want Curbs. I agree he did a great job at Charlton, and did alright at West Ham. He did deserve another prem job after them 2, and he is more deserving than McLeish, but my problem has been his arrogance. Don't see how his too big to manager in the Championship, especially considering how long he has been out of the game.

I'm surprised he hasn't taken a Championship job by now too. It was good enough for Allardyce, who had a very similar record.

Did Curbishley say or imply that he did not want to manage in the Championship, or is that what you have presumed. Not having a go, just curious.

Â