Mick McCarthy Sacked

Swerbs

Apparently Roger Johnson is very arrogant. Kevin Philips was doing some punditry for the wolves sunderland game in november, and went in on his personality. Rates him as a player though.

Apparently Roger Johnson is very arrogant. Kevin Philips was doing some punditry for the wolves sunderland game in november, and went in on his personality. Rates him as a player though.

2 relegations in two years..... what exactly has he got to be arrogant about? Fool.

Roger Johnson and Scott Dann are very much summed up by the phrase 'greater than the sum of their parts'.

They were a solid partnership at Birmingham, but at their new clubs their flaws are being picked apart all too easy.

by appointing Conner, they may aswell not sacked Mick, the players probably dealing with the same person on a day to day basis, I imagine Conner did the majority of training, but then what qualifies Conner to start picking a team and organising tactics, it's an absolute farce, they're a laughing stock.

Still if they went out and appointed Steve Bruce this week, i still reckon they'd stay up. Stick with Conner and they are down.

Still if they went out and appointed Steve Bruce this week, i still reckon they'd stay up. Stick with Conner and they are down.

morgan is problem. wanted to give managers 10 game deal and get somebody new at end of season. He is a joke

The problem for Wolves may be the lack of respect for Conner. He was the number 2 for many years and now he is the big boss. I expect some of the players still see him as one of the lads. And we saw with Steve McClarens reign as England manager how this kind of pally pally, one of the lads relationships does not work. There needs to be that distance and respect for authority. As I said earlier, I have changed my mind, the West Brom and Blackburn results mean they are likely to go down.

I'll actually go the other way on that Voinjama. I think the players' respect for him is the only slim hope Wolves have. Connor is a highly respected individual within the game. I think they'll go down because he has no experience of being the top man. I think the players' goodwill towards him and the wish for everyone to get themselves out of this predicament - much like how Chris Hughton started his managerial career - is the only thing they have in their favour. Though I still don't think it'll be enough.

You may be right Brian. I think I worded it wrong. I will revise my statement by saying the players do respect him and want him to do well for him, but because they might see him as a close friend, one of the lads there isnt that intensity there. I am not saying you need to be scared of your manager, but there needs to be that separation. That is why it is often not good to appoint from within.

Â