London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Archery is like darts but with actual skill and talent on show

I won't bite but I will say that Archery has been my favourite event so far .

That chinese lady getting a 7 with her last arrow was quite exciting and the Italians versus the USA in the men's yesterday was brilliant.

Loved the first couple of days.

Absolutely overwhelmed by the amount of coverage. I'm putting my life on hold for the next 2 weeks!

Haven't been on since Friday, so just want to add my thoughts that I thought the opening ceremony was incredible. I absolutely loved it. Apart from McCartney of course. But as I said on Twitter, that was profoundly English. After all the excitement of the ceremony, finishing with Macca was like going out on penalties.

My only problem with the BBC's coverage so afar (excluding the awful lack of timings in the cycling but I understand that isn't the BBC's fault) is the highlights show. Last night, the main things that had happened during the day was the cycling and the rowing, plus a bit of archery, boxing etc etc. But the presenter was gabby Logan and the 3 "pundits" were Michael Johnson, Kelly Holmes and John McEnroe. So for more or less the entire show they were talking about things they didn't have a clue about. For aaaaages as well.

Weird choice.

Each to their own.

Well she isn't Indian or defecating so she's probably not for you kid.

I swear this forum is the pickiest group of (mainly) men I've seen and that's with rob bringing down the average :winkold:

I knew that you would do that, as soon as I saw your name was last post. Looking through your post history, its your typical post.

Stop biting then :)

I think the biggest flaw in the coverage so far on the Beebs part has been Gary Lineker's desperate, and failing, attempts to develop a bit of banter with the studio guests and other hosts. His one to ones with Ian Thorpe have been particularly grim. I dunno if it's just that Thorpe himself is a particularly awkward persona but there isn't one iota of chemistry between them. He just keeps trying to do the cheeky chappy MOTD esque stuff and it's not working at all.

Speaking of Ian Thorpe actually, he does seem a bit... off... during all of this. I swear he was about to cry last night, you could see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice that he was choked up when his record was broken. And got very defensive when Lineker suggested he'd retired from the pool. I know he wanted to try to get back to competing at top level and was a bit disappointed he couldn't compete here, but he really seems pissed off/emotional all the time.

The problem with the BBC coverage is they need to realise that just because you were a great sportsperson, certainly doesn't mean you'll be a good broadcaster. (or in most cases, even a competent broadcaster)

Â