London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Will any of you Midlanders be coming down south for this spectacular event in our grand old capital city?

Also at risk of sounding like TRS-T, when will Birmingham host a huge sporting event. Manchester had the commonwealth games, London the Olympics. It is time for Birmingham to step up.

She will be fine, spoke to her today,seemed very relaxed.

Really! Hope she does well, felt sorry for her in china

Got a soft spot for her

Yeah i met her a few times. She was looking for some advice. She is excellent really!

She will be fine, spoke to her today,seemed very relaxed.

Really! Hope she does well, felt sorry for her in china

Got a soft spot for her

Yeah i met her a few times. She was looking for some advice. She is excellent really!

Isn't she from the midlands area ? Probably another villa fan :-)

Will any of you Midlanders be coming down south for this spectacular event in our grand old capital city?

Also at risk of sounding like TRS-T, when will Birmingham host a huge sporting event. Manchester had the commonwealth games, London the Olympics. It is time for Birmingham to step up.

I'll be there for a couple of hours tomorrow, for business not pleasure though. I work on public transport that serves two of the Olympic venues.

Brum hosts a lot of world class athletics, there is a ton of indoor stuff at the NIA and NEC and outdoor stuff at Perry Barr. I doubt very much it will ever get to host the Olympics, that seems like a London only deal for this country but the Commonwealth games are doable, though the city would need to build a new stadium in order to host them (like Manchester did for 2002) because none of the three football stadia has a running track and Perry Barr is far too small. If the council do build a new stadium then you can bet your life the shitcunts will move into it when the games are over.

I'm not sure how much money there is for a new stadium either, Birmingham has been spending a lot of money on the Big City Plan over the last ten years and it is still only about half done so a lot of money is committed to that and personally I think finishing that will make Birmingham a better place to live and work in than having the Commonwealth games. As somebody who has been in the city centre almost daily for the last ten or twelve years seeing how much it has changed for the better is incredibly impressive. I guess when it is done then having a Commonwealth games would be a great way to show Birmingham off to outsiders, but I'd imagine we are talking at least another 10-15 years before that will happen.

I was in London Friday and it was weird it actually felt quieter than normal for July and a Friday !

Down to Wimbledon on Tuesday and going to table tennis at excel the week after

Really want to get to the bmx races

Will be awesome. Rugby Sevens is hugely entertaining, and I guess it will be pretty open too, I'd imagine the Pacific Islands would all see it as a legitimate gold medal chance but the traditional powers at international level in Rugby Union and Japan would fancy their chances too.

Oh, and archery. Do you think anybody in the crowd is stupid enough to heckle the archers? Would be amazing to see an archer lose it and shoot a fan who is giving them shit. Also, we should bring that Robin Hood fella out of retirement. He could get us a gold, surely?

And why has rio got to introduce 2 whole new sports and all we have added womens boxing?

I thought we were having a vote on adding sports, us adding rugby or golf would have made sense, we haven't replaced baseball with anything either

Â