London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Aah just acquired some of those freebie football tickets for a couple of those Womens Quarter Finals on Friday.

I was just getting this niggle that we had olympics on the doorstep so it was something we should tick off for the kids to be able to say they did it.

Tickets around here appear to have been distributed amongst volunteer organisations, charities, community groups etc..

Adlington said herself earlier she didn't expect much of this race and was feeling tired.

In that case, 3rd is a good one. Faster than her Beijing race as well

I think the biggest flaw in the coverage so far on the Beebs part has been Gary Lineker's desperate, and failing, attempts to develop a bit of banter with the studio guests and other hosts. His one to ones with Ian Thorpe have been particularly grim.
Best Lineker sofa guest so far - Faye White. Worst - Amir Khan.

I think the biggest flaw in the coverage so far on the Beebs part has been Gary Lineker's desperate, and failing, attempts to develop a bit of banter with the studio guests and other hosts. His one to ones with Ian Thorpe have been particularly grim.
Best Lineker sofa guest so far - Faye White. Worst - Amir Khan.

Agreed. He must have said "And then everyone knew who Amir Khan was" ten times, the 3rd person referring gobshite.

I think the biggest flaw in the coverage so far on the Beebs part has been Gary Lineker's desperate, and failing, attempts to develop a bit of banter with the studio guests and other hosts. His one to ones with Ian Thorpe have been particularly grim. I dunno if it's just that Thorpe himself is a particularly awkward persona but there isn't one iota of chemistry between them. He just keeps trying to do the cheeky chappy MOTD esque stuff and it's not working at all.

Speaking of Ian Thorpe actually, he does seem a bit... off... during all of this. I swear he was about to cry last night, you could see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice that he was choked up when his record was broken. And got very defensive when Lineker suggested he'd retired from the pool. I know he wanted to try to get back to competing at top level and was a bit disappointed he couldn't compete here, but he really seems pissed off/emotional all the time.

Agreed, I thought I caught a bit of mis placed emotion from him yesterday. I don't think he gets the British put down humour at all, he's very defensive. GL just said he won one race in a wet suit and again he didn't get it and GL had to say 'only joking mate'.

I'm not the boy Linaker's bigest fan, but the Beeb know his strengths, he's mild matey blokey banter lite - but have lumped him one on one with a mildly aspergers syndrome aussie.

I actually quite like Lineker but it's clear that his style, that works pretty well week on week with the MOTD regulars, just doesn't work with people he has no relationship/rapport with and it's a painful watch.

As for Thorpe... I like the guy, I appreciate the fact that he was an incredible swimmer and knows what he's on about... but he really has a weird personality, he's the ind of guy you just wouldn't joke around with because he's going to take offence. Has he come out yet by the way?

Â