Protesting News

Mendi

People are saying if we chant and protest this will affect the youngsters, well I bloody well hope so.......so what are we supposed to do is sit here and be polite and watch us lose the last three games, surely protesting cannot make the situation any worse, for f*cks sake we have only won four times at home this season, cant make things any worse can it. Maybe it will have the opposite effect, not sure how but cant really see how we will be worse off.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would anyone give a flying **** about what Richard Dunne thinks?

Youngsters are affected by booing? Do me a favour. You only have to look at their Twitter accounts these days to see they can give it out just as much as they take it (Barry Bannan being just one example). Not to mention that any dissent has been firmly directed at the manager anyway.

I don't know why people hide behind that pathetic excuse about lowering morale. As far as I can see, morale is at an all-time low anyway.

All that said, I am firmly in favour of a protest outside the ground before Spurs but when that whistle blows we do need to give the team our support. And pack Villa Park for once, after all it could well be our last home game in the Premier League.

We do indeed need to give them 100% support throughout that match, none stop proper support too. Mcleish will be gone in three games time anyway and if not we'll arrange a proper protest not a few bed sheets with marker pens.

100% support vs Spurs please.

If someone was booing me I wouldn't **** whine and complain. I would go do something about. These are spoiled little footballers that expect to be treated like royalty. We deserve better that what we have been seeing. If players like Weimann, Lichaj and Herd can handle it so can the rest of these primadonnas. Earn your **** paychecks and we will stop booing and chanting. We just want to see effort on the pitch and a good game. I don't care if we lose with respect.

If you protest after the season finishes, it won't be nearly so effective, you won't get nearly so many people involved. I'm sure Randy is counting on this.

I don't think getting behind the team has worked so far this season, so I don't see what's to lose results-wise from protesting as loudly as possible for the next three games.

If you protest after the season finishes, it won't be nearly so effective, you won't get nearly so many people involved. I'm sure Randy is counting on this.

I don't think getting behind the team has worked so far this season, so I don't see what's to lose results-wise from protesting as loudly as possible for the next three games.

Agree with this

Would love to see all the anger and all the hostility aimed at Randy Lerner. He's the one destroying the club at the moment and he's the one choosing to stick with Mcleish. Maybe if the pressure was on him he wouldn't be able to stick with this manager.

As for booing effecting the team. I thought apart from the last 5 minutes, the fans against Bolton were very supportive. And where did that get us?

**** Lerner and **** Mcleish.

We should let them have it every chance we get.

If anyone ever needed confirmation that Doug Ellis has senile dementia then his comments in the Birmingham Mail today are firm and final evidence.

The silly old duffer thinks we will finish in the top 6 next season and he reckons we will beat Spurs because we have beaten them before!

Where on earth does AVFC get them from?

Would love to see all the anger and all the hostility aimed at Randy Lerner. He's the one destroying the club at the moment and he's the one choosing to stick with Mcleish. Maybe if the pressure was on him he wouldn't be able to stick with this manager.

As for booing effecting the team. I thought apart from the last 5 minutes, the fans against Bolton were very supportive. And where did that get us?

This.

This.

I think wishing anger and hostility on anyone is a little bit of a poor show.

In fairness to BJ10, he is only asking that the existing anger be re-directed, rather than him asking for it to be created in the first place. A subtle but important difference. Not that I agree with him. I just see a distinction.

In fairness to BJ10, he is only asking that the existing anger be re-directed, rather than him asking for it to be created in the first place. A subtle but important difference. Not that I agree with him. I just see a distinction.

Why wouldn't you agree with him? Randolph Lerner, the chairman, has created this whole mess ultimately. No-one else.

I want McLeish out, so in my opinion the anger that is being shown should be at him. And it appears as if it is happening that way. Which is nice.

Protesting is futile. The Occupy movement will tell you that.

What about in the Middle East where protests ousted governments?

Whilst I disagree with violent protests, there's something that can be said for peaceful ones.

I want McLeish out, so in my opinion the anger that is being shown should be at him. And it appears as if it is happening that way. Which is nice.

McLeish was simply offered a ridiculously lucrative contract at a Club steeped in history and tradition. Who wouldn't have taken that job? As much as he is an utterly shite manager, I don't actually blame him, as we knew how bad he was even before we appointed him.

Who is keeping him in the role? Who appointed him in the first place? Where the anger is being directed, and where it should be directed, are two completely different things.

Â