Who do you want to replace Capello as England manager?

TRS-T

Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?

• Harry Redknapp
    • Roy Hodgson
    • Alan Pardew
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Steve Bruce
    • Neil Warnock
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Stuart Pearce
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Chris Hughton
    • Ian Holloway
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Tony Mowbray
    • Other English manager
    • A foreign manager

Don't understand all this "the next man has to be English" bollocks.

The next manager needs to be the best man available to do the job. End of. His nationality is irrelevent.

May as well say the same about the players, then.

We don't have good enough players to win anything, and we all know that. But we accept it, because that's the way it is.

I would have a rule that the manager of every national side must come from that country, same qualification rules as the players.

English team, English manager. They're all crap, but that's our problem.

You would screw over the development of smaller nations with a rule like that though.

If you were going to introduce it would be better if there was a cut off where developing countries could get in experienced coaches.

The next manager needs to be the best man available to do the job. End of. His nationality is irrelevent.

We don't have good enough players to win anything, and we all know that. But we accept it, because that's the way it is.

I would have a rule that the manager of every national side must come from that country, same qualification rules as the players.

You would screw over the development of smaller nations with a rule like that though.

If you were going to introduce it would be better if there was a cut off where developing countries could get in experienced coaches.

Being a major nation, the FA should self-impose a rule like that for England.

You can understand Equatorial Guinea having a foreign manager.

But not England.

When Harry Redknapp counts as the most successful England manager in recent times (having won an FA Cup a few years back) you have to stop and have a rethink.

could argue McLaren has done better. Carling Cup and Dutch title

When Harry Redknapp counts as the most successful England manager in recent times (having won an FA Cup a few years back) you have to stop and have a rethink.

Well when you throw in a Champions League quarter final vs McLaren's failure at Championship level last season it is pretty clear who is the better manager.

Well when you throw in a Champions League quarter final vs McLaren's failure at Championship level last season it is pretty clear who is the better manager.

then again could counter argue Arry was mid-table when he was in Championship with Saints and McLaren won a league for a club that normally would have no chance of winning it

then again could counter argue Arry was mid-table when he was in Championship with Saints and McLaren won a league for a club that normally would have no chance of winning it

You could also throw in there that McClaren took Boro to the UEFA Cup Final...

This.

Gary Neville :)

I'd rather the England manager was English. It's a little embarrassing a nation of our size having to resort to hiring a foreign manager. Having said that I'd rather qualify for a tournament with a foreign manager than not qualify under Steve McClaren. Voted for Woy Hodgson.

Redknapp

A master-stroke by the FA spurs will go tits up losing the best manager they have had in a decade and go for some foreign import such as Santini or Ramos again lose their best players in the process after he loses the dressing room and then fade into obscurity again

I couldn't care less how corrupt Redknapp is he is the stand out candidate for the England job i struggle to think of someone better for the job who also happens to fit the "english" criteria

Having said that I'd rather qualify for a tournament with a foreign manager than not qualify under Steve McClaren. Voted for Woy Hodgson.

I would rather fail with an Englishman in charge than succeed with a foreigner in charge.

If we won the World Cup with a foreign manager it wouldn't feel right.

Developing nations need the experience of the more prominent nations' managers in order to progress their national side. Not everyone is an England or a Germany. I'm glad it's only the players who must share the nationality of the country, otherwise it would be very difficult for less glamourous countries to take that next step.

Â