Who do you want to replace Capello as England manager?

TRS-T

Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?

• Harry Redknapp
    • Roy Hodgson
    • Alan Pardew
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Steve Bruce
    • Neil Warnock
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Stuart Pearce
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Chris Hughton
    • Ian Holloway
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Tony Mowbray
    • Other English manager
    • A foreign manager

Delighted he has gone but it should have happened after the world cup and it is simply terrible timing for England.

on what basis? yes they were poor at world cup but in the qualifiers england have been very impressive

You play mostly shit teams in qualifying. Those that make it to the tournament should be half decent.

I wonder if there are bets being put on down Sandbanks way for next England manager.

Delighted he has gone but it should have happened after the world cup and it is simply terrible timing for England.

on what basis? yes they were poor at world cup but in the qualifiers england have been very impressive

You play mostly shit teams in qualifying.

Surely that can apply to pretty much any nation that qualifies?

Someone on here explained it better after 2010. England looked better than they were in qualifying due to weak opposition. In South Africa the teams were of a higher standard and England's true worth became obvious.

Think Redknapp should be given the job. I'm also with those that think the next manager should be English, and he's our best. He's pretty much said he wants the job before, and he's probably got one more job in him, and at his age, the part-time running of a national football team with suit him down to the ground, so it's set up for him to takeover.

Someone on here explained it better after 2010. England looked better than they were in qualifying due to weak opposition. In South Africa the teams were of a higher standard and England's true worth became obvious.

The doesn't change anything from my point.

Any team that starts qualifying as top seed will play weaker teams. Whether that top seed is England, Netherlands, Spain or Germany, they'll be playing weaker sides in qualifying.

And besides, I'd argue that Croatia are a stronger side than either Algeria or Slovenia. Possibly the USA as well.

Harry Redknapp -

Portsmouth

FA winners 2007-08

Alex McLeish -

Rangers

Scottish Premier League winners (2): 2002–03, 2004–05

Scottish Premier League runners-up (2): 2001–02, 2003–04

Scottish Cup winners (2): 2002, 2003

Scottish League Cup winners (3): 2002, 2003, 2005

Birmingham

Football League Cup winners (1): 2010-11

Just Saying.

but coda england have been shite in most tournaments since euro 96

i dont buy that. what about the failed qualification under wally? england were in a complete mess when he was here, and capello made us into a decent side. the world cup i dont know what the hell happened but it was a disaster.

but for me if capello cant get them winning its got to be that the team is not as good as all the media/pundits make us out to be

i think capello would have done a decent job at the euros personally

has to be hiddink for me, cant see candleface leaving spurs just now

Do you know what? I'm not particularly bothered.

There's no way you could let Dirty Harry do both jobs at the same time, he'd be like a fox amongst the chickens picking players for England to sign them for Spurs and chatting to established internationals about how much money he could make them at his club.

I think it'll be Southgate followed by Redknapp in the summer.

Â