Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Maneesh is our presenter next season, and we're last on....doesn't that make it, what 12:10am? I'll have to curtail my Saturday beers until at least 8:00pm

Should we suffer the degrading situation of being in the Fizzy Pop League next season I would expect us to be on first match every week as Aston Villa will be the biggest club ever to have graced the Championship since its inception!

:lol:

Lerner want to be relegated, he still has much respect for the history of the club .

Lerner has respect for the club? Laughable.

No, he does, I think your comment is short term memory based, perhaps. The murals on the Holte, though they have nothing to do with playing on the pitch, show he does respect the history. As does bringing back the 81/82 side for that Sheff Utd game, as do many things. Just because he's appointed a coupe of duff managers and the team is losing doesn't mean he doesn't "get" the history or appreciate or respect it. Quite the opposite.

Lerner want to be relegated, he still has much respect for the history of the club .

Lerner has respect for the club? Laughable.

No, he does, I think your comment is short term memory based, perhaps. The murals on the Holte, though they have nothing to do with playing on the pitch, show he does respect the history. As does bringing back the 81/82 side for that Sheff Utd game, as do many things. Just because he's appointed a coupe of duff managers and the team is losing doesn't mean he doesn't "get" the history or appreciate or respect it. Quite the opposite.

He may appreciate it/ respect it but I don't think he understands it. I don't think he fully grasps English football, there are just some things you don't do to supporters and he's made some awful decisions this year and if they don't show he lacks respect then it must mean he lacks understanding.

It's unwise to hire a BCFC manager, it's stupid to hire a twice relegated BCFC manager, it's idiotic to keep him after an awful first half of the season and it's beyond all comprehension to back him still after our worst ever home record, our lowest Prem tally and the fact we are perilously close to relegation.

Am I the only one that doesn't think McLeish will be sacked even after reading the club statement?

I'm not sure either. Lerner and Faulkner are a pair of bumbling oafs who I doubt can even do the "vote of confidence - kiss of death" properly. They are probably genuine in their support!

Am I the only one that doesn't think McLeish will be sacked even after reading the club statement?

I'm not sure either. Lerner and Faulkner are a pair of bumbling oafs who I doubt can even do the "vote of confidence - kiss of death" properly. They are probably genuine in their support!

Surely no one can be that stupid? I am guessing that they both respect Alex McLeish as a person, he does come across as a nice bloke, but, they need to judge him on results and the truth of it is that he has under-performed, even with the injuries etc.

Nope I agree with you. Seems people haven't learned their lesson and are again allowing themselves to read too much into the waffly PR guff. Not that I blame them, who wouldn't want to believe that they want to get rid of him really!? Sadly I think people are setting themselves up for another disappointment.

I don't think he fully grasps English football, there are just some things you don't do to supporters and he's made some awful decisions this year and if they don't show he lacks respect then it must mean he lacks understanding.
Totally agree. But then I didn't after 5 years of following it and still don't after, er, slightly, ahem, more than that.

I think that his motives are right, his passion for the game and the club is there, but yes, you're spot on, some decisions betray a lack of depth of understanding the thing. That's what you get with a new owner.

I don't think he fully grasps English football, there are just some things you don't do to supporters and he's made some awful decisions this year and if they don't show he lacks respect then it must mean he lacks understanding.
Totally agree. But then I didn't after 5 years of following it and still don't after, er, slightly, ahem, more than that.

I think that his motives are right, his passion for the game and the club is there, but yes, you're spot on, some decisions betray a lack of depth of understanding the thing. That's what you get with a new owner.

Yes - Ellis thought he knew it all after taking over in 1982. Get rid of the high paid heroes, appoint a yes man, don't buy players as we can grow our in the academy.

I think Randy will learn his lesson over Mcleish - I fear he still beleives that given a couple of years, Weinman will be as good as Bent, Sami Carruthers as good as Ashley Young.

What exactly makes you think his passion is there? Say what you like about Sir Doug but, despite now being very frail, he still attends every game without fail. Where the hell has Lerner been since the going has got tough?

Nothing he has done suggests to me he has much passion for the club. A Villa henna tattoo, a pub referb, and a few carefully placed mosaics will not convince me otherwise.

What exactly makes you think his passion is there? Say what you like about Sir Doug but, despite now being very frail, he still attends every game without fail. Where the hell has Lerner been since the going has got tough?

Nothing he has done suggests to me he has much passion for the club. A Villa henna tattoo, a pub referb, and a few carefully placed mosaics will not convince me otherwise.

Doug would also never have appointed a bluenose, let alone appoint one with a really piss poor record who has been relegated 3 times in his career

Apart from the renovation of the ground, the regular travelling of thousands of miles to each game, the (not henna tattoo) the reconnection with former players, the training ground, the genuine joy on his face when we win, the millions of pounds of his own money, the time and the effort he's put in....not much. Silly me.

Doug Ellis, bless him, travels a few miles, for a free seat he negotiated for himself, despite being a rich man with money made from the Villa, with a seat looking at a stand that was "surprisingly" named after himself without his knowledge, and hopefully enjoys the games - someone needs to.

Ellis's time has long gone. Randy is struggling, but I think his passion and motivation is more like ours than that of Ellis. Could be wrong mind.

TalkSport doing a fair bit about us tonight, interesting interview with Ugo Ehiogu earlier.

When asked if he wanted McLeish at the club next season he said "I'd certainly be looking around", for other options..

Then when asked if he thought it would be a good idea to get rid of McLeish and leave Kev Mac in charge for the last three games, after some umming and ahhhing he said "I couldn't argue with that, I worked with Kev a lot and have a lot of respect for him".

He also went on to say he'd taken some of his coaching badges etc, and a mate of his suggested he should go for the job with Southgate, he laughed and said "Me and Gareth Southgate, yeah dream ticket", then when asked would he ever take the job if it was offered in the future, he said, "Yeah, course I would"..

Apart from the renovation of the ground, the regular travelling of thousands of miles to each game, the (not henna tattoo) the reconnection with former players, the training ground, the genuine joy on his face when we win, the millions of pounds of his own money, the time and the effort he's put in....not much. Silly me.

Doug Ellis, bless him, travels a few miles, for a free seat he negotiated for himself, despite being a rich man with money made from the Villa, with a seat looking at a stand that was "surprisingly" named after himself without his knowledge, and hopefully enjoys the games - someone needs to.

Ellis's time has long gone. Randy is struggling, but I think his passion and motivation is more like ours than that of Ellis. Could be wrong mind.

And by the same token, Mr Lerner, bless him, spends a few hours flying across the Atlantic once every couple of months on a private jet. Hardly indicates any deep burning passion for a Club which most of us pour our hard earned cash into, does it?

The renovation of the training ground, I'll give him that. The rest is just aesthetic niceties which have been done as a sure fire way to win the Villa fans over in the early days, and it worked. Some may say it was a clever move by him, it's just a shame his business sense is so fundamentally flawed. He's pumped many millions of his father's inheritance into the club, and loaned many more millions, but why is that used as a positive when it is his use of this money which has played a massive part in getting us into this mess in the first place?

The joy on his face? Clutching at straws springs to mind, he's hardly going to be frowning, is he? As for the supposed "time and effort" - that is all well and good if he's been doing a good job, but he hasn't, from the very minute he stepped foot inside this football club.

In his main duties as Chairman he has got rid of the football people at this club (Steve Stride etc) and hired non-football people to run us with disastrous consequences. He has spent so unsustainably that at one stage a couple of seasons ago we had a larger wage bill than Spurs despite them quite clearly having a far superior squad in terms of quality and depth. And he has made two of the worst managerial appointments this club has ever seen, wasting yet more millions on illogical compensation payoffs and long-term contracts.

He does not have a clue about how to run this, or any, sports franchise and I'm very surprised so many people still can't see the wood for the trees. Nothing he has done, as we hover on the brink of relegation in a worse state than when he took over, suggests we should still be giving him our backing.