Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Lerner was interested in football, but then you could be a season ticket holder for the past 25 years and missed all but a handful of games- none of that means you're in a position to run a football club.

That has been Randy's biggest failure, by not surrounding himself with people of exprience. More should have been done to keep Steve Stride at the club.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he studied in the area at the time Villa were at their peak so he was aware of them and you could even say 'followed' them. So in that sense he was more aware of; and perhaps had a greater appreciation for; what he was buying than your average foreign owner usually does. But as Ads says above, that in and of itself isn't enough to run a club.

More should have been done to keep Steve Stride at the club.

Paul Falkner and Seve Stride, one does Randy's bidding the other did Doug's. Yes Stride built up some contacts in his time at the club but essentially he was just Doug's yes man and a decent administrator.

Our problems on the board would have not been solved by keeping another yes man who was good at the paperwork on board. Our problems aren't really admin ones...

we need to act asap and find the new graham taylor!
There's only one Graham Taylor.

Thankfully!

Just remember Graham Taylor recommended his successor. The first foreign manager in English football, the roaring success that was Joseph Venglos.

After all this I now think we might beat Sunderland. Just one of those random results that goes against the grain and will see us totally safe.

I don't think Wigan will finish above us either, because they're still Wigan, they've just won against united and arsenal they're almost bound to now **** up against a mid-table no mark side.

i was going to say "so they play us then?"

but then i re read it, it states MID TABLE

thats where i made my mistake

:oops:

we need to act asap and find the new graham taylor!
There's only one Graham Taylor.

Thankfully!

Just remember Graham Taylor recommended his successor. The first foreign manager in English football, the roaring success that was Joseph Venglos.

Venglos was just 10 years too early! The original Arsene Wenger :P

After all this I now think we might beat Sunderland. Just one of those random results that goes against the grain and will see us totally safe.

I don't think Wigan will finish above us either, because they're still Wigan, they've just won against united and arsenal they're almost bound to now **** up against a mid-table no mark side.

You can hope for a random result.

If its 0-0 at half time - that will be an acheivement for me.

I actually think Mcleish is panicking - badly - 3 relegations in 4 years, would probably mean he would never work again - suddenley taking the villa job doesn't look such a smart move.

From the rumblings - I would expect whats left of the old guard to be restored to the team during the next few matches.

My worry is Mcleish will focus everything on the bolton game - when Sunderland at home should be a winnable fixture. As I have said before going into the Bolton pressure cooker - isn't something I would want with teenagers \ inexperience in the side.

Sunderland should be a winnable game. They have nothing to play for - and we aren't yet starring relegation in the face.

You can hope for a random result.

If its 0-0 at half time - that will be an acheivement for me.

I actually think Mcleish is panicking - badly - 3 relegations in 4 years, would probably mean he would never work again - suddenley taking the villa job doesn't look such a smart move.

From the rumblings - I would expect whats left of the old guard to be restored to the team during the next few matches.

My worry is Mcleish will focus everything on the bolton game - when Sunderland at home should be a winnable fixture. As I have said before going into the Bolton pressure cooker - isn't something I would want with teenagers \ inexperience in the side.

Sunderland should be a winnable game. They have nothing to play for - and we aren't yet starring relegation in the face.

Yeah but its MON coming back to his former club, trust me he will want to win even more than AM..

And how many games this season have we said are 'Winnable' ?

Who do people think will stay and go??

Would we have the infrastructure to bounce back or would we fall into oblivion like a sheff wed, coventry or leeds??

Personally dont think any of our youth are good enough to get us straight back up, and other then petrov, cant see any of the seniors staying around

Life would go on as normal.

Villa would be the club everyone wants to beat a bit like Newcastle were in 09-10. So every away game would be like a cup final.

Unfortunately I dont think the club would bounce straight away and our attendances would drop to about 21k.

But hopefully it does not come to that.

I'd act all cool and not bothered, proclaiming the inevitability of the whole affair had made me numb anyway.

I would then proceed to weep into my cereal every morning for the next 6 months, start listening to Portishead non-stop and struggle to climax during masturbation.