Relegation - Merged

Amo69

We badly need some results to go for us this weekend.. On Saturday I will be looking for a West Brom win against QPR as that would be huge for us as would a Swansea win at home to Blackburn.. Hopefully Arsenal will beat Wigan on the Monday night though you never know on their current form.. Bolton don't play as their game against Spurs has been rearranged.. I genuinely cannot see us getting anything at all from the Man Utd game of course but it is in effect our game in hand voided.. Massive bonus if we got a point...if not just don't get hammered.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez... Its really depressing but I sincerely believe we are not going down!

We have only lose a third of our league games this season so we should get points in at least 4 of the last 6 games

Last 6 games, which where harder than the 6 we have left. we got 6 points, that will be be enough if we get them

I always siad 39 points will be enough

It's like cheering heskeys every touch though isn't it?

39 points, stay up by the skin of our teeth

let's go **** mental...

FWIW I think everything rests on the Bolton game, if we can draw vs Sunderland and beat them that'll do it, baggies and Norwich in 2 dead rubbers we might even flatter ourselves, if we lose to Bolton though we are done, if we play for a draw at home to Bolton then we deserve to go down

Jeez... Its really depressing but I sincerely believe we are not going down!

We have only lose a third of our league games this season so we should get points in at least 4 of the last 6 games

Last 6 games, which where harder than the 6 we have left. we got 6 points, that will be be enough if we get them

I always siad 39 points will be enough

Well to be precise we've actually lost 11 out of 32 games which is more than a third of our games :lol:

It's like cheering heskeys every touch though isn't it?

39 points, stay up by the skin of our teeth

let's go **** mental...

FWIW I think everything rests on the Bolton game, if we can draw vs Sunderland and beat them that'll do it, baggies and Norwich in 2 dead rubbers we might even flatter ourselves, if we lose to Bolton though we are done, if we play for a draw at home to Bolton then we deserve to go down

Exactly. It feels like staying up is going to be some major achievement! **** pathetic.

Dont check the results mate. You going to be able to get in a Serie A game?
I won't be able to help myself.

No. Might check the fixtures though and see if there are any on.

I understand :) try and resist though :)

Yeah try and go, Serie A games are really fun (not very family freindly though so dont take the kids if you have any).

It's grim alright but futile to try and predict the results of the teams around us. You just don't know what is going to happen at this stage of the season. The most intelligent view on form I've heard recently was that of Ralph Honnigstein on Football Weekly when commenting on the fact that Bolton had won 3 in a row he said it was more likely they wouldn't win the next match than they would as that's what teams down the bottom of the table do. They subsequently got battered by Fulham at home.

The only thing you can really say with any strength of conviction at the moment is that, barring Wolves, we look the least likely of the bottom six to win a game. That doesn't mean to say we won't pull out a freak result though. The game at United should be the game we go most relaxed into as we aren't expected to get anything out of it. So who knows? But predicting a run of 5/6 games for our relegation rivals is completely pointless. Who would have thought QPR would have beaten Swansea a few weeks ago let alone Liverpool and Arsenal?

It's grim alright but futile to try and predict the results of the teams around us. You just don't know what is going to happen at this stage of the season. The most intelligent view on form I've heard recently was that of Ralph Honnigstein on Football Weekly when commenting on the fact that Bolton had won 3 in a row he said it was more likely they wouldn't win the next match than they would as that's what teams down the bottom of the table do. They subsequently got battered by Fulham at home.

The only thing you can really say with any strength of conviction at the moment is that, barring Wolves, we look the least likely of the bottom six to win a game. That doesn't mean to say we won't pull out a freak result though. The game at United should be the game we go most relaxed into as we aren't expected to get anything out of it. So who knows? But predicting a run of 5/6 games for our relegation rivals is completely pointless. Who would have thought QPR would have beaten Swansea a few weeks ago let alone Liverpool and Arsenal?

The trouble is AM will try to park the bus at OT and we all know that we are not good enough to defend for 90 mins (or 95 mins if Manure need a late goal). Wigan have shown that if you have a go Manure are not as strong as they were 5 years ago, one more win and we will get the draw to be safe. I just don't think AM knows how to win a game!

I think the return of N'Zogbia will just give us a little bit more of a threat in attack. This, and the emergence of another goal-threat in Weimann might just give us some chance of scoring more than once in a match.

I also think the return of Cuellar will be vital. I don't know if there are stats to back this up but it seems like we are far less vulnerable at set pieces with a Cuellar and Collins pairing at centre-half. We've had five matches with that pairing, and apart from Arsenal away we only conceded 2 goals in 4 matches, one of which was against Man City.

It won't be pretty, but I think the points will come. Of our remaining fixtures I reckon only the Man Utd one is a nailed on loss. Sure, our form is awful, but we have been in winning positions in most of our recent matches and we just need a bit of luck and intestinal fortitude to get us across the line in one or two of them.

If we beat Bolton we will be okay; if we lose to them then it could be down to the wire.

We have to play Man United away and Sunderland at home before we can even contemplate any pluses/minuses of the result against Bolton.

No we don't because if we beat them in our game in hand we would be 9 points clear. I can't see Bolton or Blackburn pick up 9 points by the end of the season; 10 if you count goal difference. That's if we didn't get a single point from the remaining 5 games.

Bolton would have 5 games to pick 10 points; can't see it and I can't see Blackburn taking 10 from 15. So yes the Bolton game is key even if we lose all the rest.

But we will beat both Man U and Sunderland and won't have to worry about it. ;)

Just had a good look at the fixtures & i can see Wigan getting at least 7 more points with

Arsenal (a) L

Fulham (a) L

Newcastle (h) D

Blackburn (a) W

Wolves (h) W

Although on current form i wouldn't put it past them doing Fulham or Newcastle either. That would leave them with 38 points

QPR i can see getting at least 7 more with

WBA (a) D

Spurs (h) W

Chelsea (a) L

Stoke (H) W

Man City (a) L

Leaving them also with 38 points

Bolton have easier fixtures & i see around 9 points for them

Swansea (h) W

Villa (a) D

Sunderland (a) L

Spurs (h) D

WBA (h) W

Stoke (a) D

Leaving them on 38 points too!

Blackburn i see with maybe 4 points

Swansea (a) D

Norwich (h) W

Spurs (a) L

Wigan (H) L

Chelsea (a) L

puts them on 33 points & in trouble

Wolves surely are down So for me we need 4 points but thats cutting it very fine indeed possibly just 3 with our goal difference but that is way too risky.

You've been very generous to QPR and Bolton there.

I can see QPR struggling to get five points, nevermind seven.

I can see Bolton getting six points maximum from that lot too.