Relegation - Merged

Amo69

As a footnote, to those travelling to Norwich on the last day.... If your worst fears are realised, maintain a stiff upper lip. No one likes to see a grown man cry.... Except the beeb who would be all over it with the camera.

I don't think there will be any tears just a good few thousand angry fans running in the direction of McLeish with all manner of weapons they can pick up on the way.

He's lucky that last game is an away game. Imagine if we got relegated at a home game.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a footnote, to those travelling to Norwich on the last day.... If your worst fears are realised, maintain a stiff upper lip. No one likes to see a grown man cry.... Except the beeb who would be all over it with the camera.

I don't think there will be any tears just a good few thousand angry fans running in the direction of McLeish with all manner of weapons they can pick up on the way.

most fans are to apathetic to do either. They will probably shrug their shoulders and carry on. dont want to look "embarassing"

We could even beat that mighty giant West Bromwich Albion and there is the chance of getting something from that football colossus, Norwich City.

We have 6 games left, 4 of them are winnable. I predict we will get about 5 points from that 4 going by our form this season.

I could even see a point from Spurs with the way they are playing at the moment.

I'm not expecting anything from Man U but I am predicting a lot more wailing on this thread come Sunday night!

This for me. I'm not panicking yet as the QPR result is no great surprise and after the Albion game this weekend they have a difficult run in. Of all their fixtures Swansea at home was the most winnable.

Yes Wigan pulled off a major shock but they have to play Blackburn so either way Wigan and/or Blackburn will drop points.

The Bolton game is huge but i still think we can take points off Sunderland, Albion and Norwich so one win and a couple of draws from that list will see us home.

If QPR and Blackburn fail to pick up maximum points this Saturday that will help because i'd rather have our run in than theirs.

It's a disgrace that we are where we are and once we're safe then the idiots responsible for the appointment of the manager deserve the level of criticism that is simmering.

its in our hands thats all you can ask for but am i confident NO! I have been doing the reverse psychology thing for the past 2 rounds of games and betting on everyone below us to win. It was working well i was losing and Villa were looking safe but last night i was quids in and now we look periless!

If Spurs beat Chelsea this weekend our game with them at Villa Park gets moved to Wednesday i believe? is that good or bad for us knowing what we need as everyone else will have played?

It's all going to come down the the Bolton game. We lose that and we will be in trouble. I believe Wolves and Blackburn wont overtake us so it's that last spot.

2 wins in 14 is almost as shocking as 1 home win in 5 months.

Just placed £25 on us to go down with William Hill :oops:

It says it all that this is the first time in my life I have actually bet on us to be relegated. Stopped caring about Villa though so I may as well start using it for some cash if the worst happens - I generally bet against us in matches too now rather than for.

If anyone else interested Will Hill and various others do the £25 free bet sign up bonus so if you use that free bet on something sensible you have a fair chance of getting your money back, and then if the worst happens some actual cash to soften the blow.

part time supporter

I wonder if I should be considered one, football just bores me so much now. Apart from the Chelsea game (which I watched solely because I felt sorry for Stan's family) I haven't watched a match in a very long time.

If we manage to survive this season, we are going down next season.

The cheap "Bosman" signings along with McLeish continuing to be the manager will be the recipe for relegation.

And before everyone jumps and says nothing is wrong with Bosman signings I agree but I also think we need to spend money on quality players big time because the squad simply put is quite awful at the moment.

i wouldnt mind getting relegated and getting rid of the shit overpaid players who dont want to be there, im pretty confident the kids + new signings would get us straight back up but i am not sue if i could put up with albion and sha fans crowing about it for the rest of my life

I'd love to go for a pint with Stephen Ireland

Stephen-Irelands-Creepy-Couch.jpg

Who wouldn't.

Me.

Nor me. Why anyone would want to go for a pint with any of todays jumped up millionaire footballers is beyond me. Look at the photograph ffs! He is so far removed from the fans reality that he would struggle to get his head out of his own arse to speak.

At the recent supporters clubs do at VP the only "footballer" that turned up was Tony Daley AND he is now a coach for Wolves!

I really cannot understand why fans hero worship the greedy self interested mercenaries who are todays footballers. The post headline is "Who cares?" - I doubt that many (if any) players give a flying F**k about the fans and stay as far away from them as possible when they are not playing!

It says it all that this is the first time in my life I have actually bet on us to be relegated. Stopped caring about Villa though so I may as well start using it for some cash if the worst happens - I generally bet against us in matches too now rather than for.

If anyone else interested Will Hill and various others do the £25 free bet sign up bonus so if you use that free bet on something sensible you have a fair chance of getting your money back, and then if the worst happens some actual cash to soften the blow.

OK were all pissed atm but what ever happened to the motto "Keep the Faith" ?

I cant believe any true fan would put money on us to go down! What a joke!

I would love to go for a drink.. I mean best case scenario he's a top lad that buys me drinks all night.. Worst case scenario he's a word removed that buys me drinks all night. Can't lose really.

FFS, why are people so hostile towards fans putting money on Villa to go down? The way I see it, it's insurance. If we stay up I'm happy and I don't mind losing £5. If we go down I'm unhappy but at least I've bagged myself £55. Just because you bet on something doesn't mean you want it to happen.