Relegation - Merged

Amo69

The appointment of McLeish is coming back to haunt us

Its been haunting some of us from day one, its only a couple of weeks since you were telling us all we'd turned a corner and to get behind him.

Actually I said get behind him rather than lob juvenile personal insults, especially at games

I didn't ever say he was the man for the job

No what you were saying was that you could see the green shoots of recovery and that we should get behind him.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could even beat that mighty giant West Bromwich Albion and there is the chance of getting something from that football colossus, Norwich City.

We have 6 games left, 4 of them are winnable. I predict we will get about 5 points from that 4 going by our form this season.

I could even see a point from Spurs with the way they are playing at the moment.

I'm not expecting anything from Man U but I am predicting a lot more wailing on this thread come Sunday night!

Yes he deserves it for the total two faced spin

& for deserting ship

You do not desert a sinking ship as leader

McLeish may be a lot of things but he has balls unlike the "general"

So the General deserves abuse just for not posting on here but McLeish, the man who has given us our worst Premier League season ever, driven attendances down, served up the most negative dire football ever seen at VP and constantly lies in his interviews doesn't deserve it?

You say he's got "balls", but is that really true? He's getting paid A LOT of money to be our manager and he resigned from SHA by email.

If he had any balls we'd play some attacking football every now and again instead of this "lets sit deep and defend what we've got" bull shit. Not to mention conceding games against the big boys before turning up.

He deserves personal abuse on a footballing level because he's the worst manager in the league and thanks to Randy he's killing our club and the morale of the fans.

I've been a Villa fan for 20 years now, and quite frankly, when I look at things in the cold light of day, I start to wonder how phased I would be by the spectre of relegation. In fact, thinking about it, the worst thing would be the ribbing from my Blues supporting mates and other football fans. Everything else I could live with.

The reasons:

- When I look at our squad there isn't a single player I can identify with. Overpaid, underperforming prima donnas sums them up. There isn't a single player in that team that I would want to go for a pint with or spend time in their company (Petrov perhaps the only exception).

- The manager - His negative brand of uninspiring football is stifling the life out of me.

- The board - Noticeable for their lack of talking and highest brand of cowardice. The General has disappeared like Lord Lucan and Randy hasn't been seen in ages. It's all very well jumping on the band wagon when we are challenging for the top 4 but where are they now?

Before people say go away part time supporter, I am quite the opposite. If we had a team of players who didn't have the greatest talent but fought for the cause I would be quite happy. Furthermore, if we were relegated it would open people's eyes to the idea that sweeping changes are needed. They won't be achieved if we finish 15th year on year and pocket the TV cash.

For now AVFC has lost its soul. Above all else, we need to bring it back. Whatever it takes.

I'd love to go for a pint with Stephen Ireland and Chris Herd. They remind me a lot of my mates so I think they'd be a good laugh.. The rest not so much though. I do agree in a way though that perhaps relegation will be the "reset button" we need but it is a very drastic move to take, It could work wonders for us as much as it could cripple us so much we never play in the Premier League again.. I personally hope we find our soul while still in the best league in the World though I am quickly coming to terms with a very real possibility of being a Championship team next season.

I'd love to go for a pint with Stephen Ireland and Chris Herd. They remind me a lot of my mates so I think they'd be a good laugh.. The rest not so much though. I do agree in a way though that perhaps relegation will be the "reset button" we need but it is a very drastic move to take, It could work wonders for us as much as it could cripple us so much we never play in the Premier League again.. I personally hope we find our soul while still in the best league in the World though I am quickly coming to terms with a very real possibility of being a Championship team next season.

we will be down for a long time if we go.

You say he's got "balls", but is that really true? He's getting paid A LOT of money to be our manager and he resigned from SHA by email.

Would you want to go back to that shitehole if you could avoid it? :winkold:

we will be down for a long time if we go.

We could do a Leeds.... Then again we could do a Newcastle.

At least we'd have some fun along the way, and it does seem the only way to break through the bland, mediocre style of football we've been playing.

I can picture Lerner on the day we get relegated.

Lerner: "Well done Alex! As a reward for your hard work he is a transfer balance for the next campaign of £40 million."

McLeish: "I could buy three whole squads of Championship players for that."

Lerner: "Really? You mean players are cheaper in the Championship? Lower wages too? Why didn't I do this earlier."

As a footnote, to those travelling to Norwich on the last day.... If your worst fears are realised, maintain a stiff upper lip. No one likes to see a grown man cry.... Except the beeb who would be all over it with the camera.

I don't think there will be any tears just a good few thousand angry fans running in the direction of McLeish with all manner of weapons they can pick up on the way.