• Cuéllar
    • Ireland
    • Petrov
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Keane
    • Gardner (for Agbonlahor 71)
    • Bannan (for Petrov 82)

People will focus on the truely terrible 2nd half but it's not exactly like we played well in the 1st, we were lucky to be up at half time, it was all arsenal but we defended well 2nd half it was all arsenal and we didn't defend well, our passing was so poor all game

Hutton isn't funny anymore, worst player I've ever seen by a country mile

mcleish has to go, we are so poor

Credit where credit is due, we were excellent on the counter attack. Arsenal for all their possession didn't offer all that much in first. Second half? 2 bad errors and the luckiest goal you'll see all season. Our confidence was shot as soon as the first penalty was scored.

How did Robin Van Persie get away with his elbow? That stupid non-offside near the end of the game, Koscielny not booked twice.

Apart from setting Bent up and clearing off the line - I don't see all the praise for Ireland.

It hit Walcott in the shoulder - it was flukey goal as ever. Any other player probably wouldn't get as much grief as Hutton gets. As poor as he was.

but he decided to smash it left footed back towards an area with Walcott and 3 villa players when he had the time and space to play it right footed away from anyone

it was a lack of common sense mixed with panic that you would expect to see from kids football

We defended superbly for large parts of the game and never looked like conceding from set pieces, then Dunne and Bent both made stupid mistakes and i'm not sure Hutton can be blamed for the deflection it was just shitty luck.

Dunne should have been sent off and so should Van Persie for his elbow on Cuellar. The ref was **** useless.

The worst factor was Given hoofing straight back to their players and the amount of times we lost possession for no reason.

We have turned losing from a winning position into an art form.

It hit Walcott in the shoulder - it was flukey goal as ever. Any other player probably wouldn't get as much grief as Hutton gets. As poor as he was.

but he decided to smash it left footed back towards an area with Walcott and 3 villa players when he had the time and space to play it right footed away from anyone

it was a lack of common sense mixed with panic that you would expect to see from kids football

You've clearly never played football - it was a desperate attempt at a clearance but anywhere else and you'd say it was sensible defending.

Sad. Just sad.

This ^

I can't remember feeling so dejected after a single half of football. To be 2-0 at half time against a better team is always a recipe for disaster at Villa as you know we're going to let an early goal in - but THAT was ridiculous!!

There is something fundamentally wrong with the team, and it goes back long before AMc took charge. The PL is known for its fast pace but, with the exception of possibly Ireland, possibly Bannan, and now Keane, none of our players look comfortable with the ball at their feet.

Movement is always lacking too, so combine a shit pass with a poor first touch, the need to reposition or hold the ball to find a willing runner followed by another shit pass inevitably leads to the ball going backwards to jittery back four, then the customary HOOF!!!

That second half was simply comical and, with that, goes any chance of salvaging something from this season.

The trick to investing wisely is to buy stock when it's cheap, so here's a come and get me to QIA. However, only a fool would crystallise their loss by selling on the cheap so over to you Randy!

If you think about it properly instead of witch-hunting hutton, we just don't have that many good players any more. It's as simple as that.

Given is a good keeper, but none of the others in the back 5 are any good really. They're just not. Dunne and Collins are rash, Warnock and Hutton uncomfortable in possession for modern full-backs and the saviour Cuellar is a decent player but nothing more - his distribution is poor.

In midfield, we have some young talent in Gardner, Bannan and Albrighton, but none are really special if we're truthful. Petrov, Ireland and NZogbia are the only ones with any actual class and Petrov is getting on a bit now unfortunately.

Up front (not counting Keane on loan), Gabby hasn't kept his form going, Bent is a good finisher but offers little else and has stopped working as hard as when he arrived. There's nothing else there.

Yes, we capitulated but look at the season as a whole and the squad as a whole.

The reason we're mid table and prone to being ripped apart and not looking like a good side is this - we just AREN'T a good side.

We don't have enough good players. It's as simple as that.

McLeish isn't a great manager - we know that. But the reason we're no longer the team we were is because we sold our best players.

Quite why people can't understand that is beyond me.

You've clearly never played football - it was a desperate attempt at a clearance but anywhere else and you'd say it was sensible defending.

NO, it was shit, as is Hutton.

Poor first half, no width, but we defended ok and got two good goals against the run of play.

Arsenal stepped it up a gear for 15 mins at the beginning of the second half and tore us a new one.

We are a poor, directionless 'team', relying on the opposition being poor rather than ourselves playing well. We got exactly what we deserved from the game - nothing.

Dunne is a waste. Who the **** cares how "heroic" he can be when he throws in such a spanner of a clanger with unerring regularity. Replaceable. As are the tosspots on either flank. Warnock was mostly shite, then, got good for 10 minutes after our first goal, before reverting to shite with the rest of them in the second half. Utterly embarrassing. 3 goals in 15 minutes.

And we've got no chance of any of this changing this season. If he can't coach competence into these morons after 7 months there, i fail to see what he's going to do in the next 4. But he's not going anywhere, so one wonders whats the point getting annoyed.

Given 7 - did what he could propped up as he was behind the Maginot line.

Defensive back 4 as a collective 2 - just **** useless.

Petrov 6

clark 5

ireland 7

agnbonlahor 4 - utterly wasted in that position.

keane 6 - set up goal two

bent 5 - scored one goal and did **** all else

subs

gardner 6

bannan 6

amc 3 - WHAT THE **** DO YOU DO EVERYDAY?

[

quote="YankeeinMadrid]Perfect example of Richard Dunne today. Brilliant and horrible at the same time. If he would have been sent off (straight red for me there), we'd have lost 8-2

Bent took his goal well (should have scored 1st time), but had NO business making that challenge with a defender right there (it was definitely a penalty).

Warnock (see my posts about him all season); just got completely owned by Walcott.

Clark isn't a CM

RVP is such a $%·", cheat and overall bad human being.

What happened from halftime on is an example why Wenger is a great manager and McLeish is mediocre at best. M-O-T-I-V-A-T-I-O-N

Bannan: everyone on here thinks he's the messiah, but he's VERY overrated.

How the hell can you say that? Came on and played two brilliant long balls to both Ireland and Gardner, although the latter was incorrectly judged offside. Nobody in our team can do that.

If you think about it properly instead of witch-hunting hutton, we just don't have that many good players any more. It's as simple as that.

Given is a good keeper, but none of the others in the back 5 are any good really. They're just not. Dunne and Collins are rash, Warnock and Hutton uncomfortable in possession for modern full-backs and the saviour Cuellar is a decent player but nothing more - his distribution is poor.

In midfield, we have some young talent in Gardner, Bannan and Albrighton, but none are really special if we're truthful. Petrov, Ireland and NZogbia are the only ones with any actual class and Petrov is getting on a bit now unfortunately.

Up front (not counting Keane on loan), Gabby hasn't kept his form going, Bent is a good finisher but offers little else and has stopped working as hard as when he arrived. There's nothing else there.

Yes, we capitulated but look at the season as a whole and the squad as a whole.

The reason we're mid table and prone to being ripped apart and not looking like a good side is this - we just AREN'T a good side.

We don't have enough good players. It's as simple as that.

McLeish isn't a great manager - we know that. But the reason we're no longer the team we were is because we sold our best players.

Quite why people can't understand that is beyond me.

^You are 100% spot on.

yes I have and i'm pretty sure if I was defending on the line I wouldn't smash my clearance on the exact same direction the ball is coming from

look at the angle he played the ball at, straight into a **** crowd! Yes it was lucky it hit walcott on theshoulder and went in but it was always hitting someone

I'm not saying he should have used the outside of his right boot and completly changed the angle but if he opened his body up and played that right footed are trying to tell me a premier league player can't get that to go in straight line?

Dunne is a waste. Who the **** cares how "heroic" he can be when he throws in such a spanner of a clanger with unerring regularity. Replaceable.

Can't agree enough with this.

No player has scored more own goals or been sent off more in the Premier League. He's a liability and should be fired out of a cannon in to the sun.

another 20 minutes of good play and 70 minutes of rubbish. we have got away with it before (against chelsea, everton and wolves) but not today

we hardly touched the ball for the first 20 mins, all arsenal and we kept hoofing it straight back to them. some good last ditch defending and some good saves from Given. then we decided to have a bit of go and what do you know, we end up with 2 goals. that is how you beat arsenal. they are a weak team physically and mentally and if you get stuck in a bit they are there for the taking.

unfortunately we have one of the most negative managers in the world. 2-0 up we came out for the second half with no intention of doing anything than hanging on. and that played right into arsenals hand. combined with some woeful defending and we lose the game.

is there a worse tandem of fullbacks than the two clowns we have?

Â