Formula One - 2012

BOF

Forgive my ignorance, but when you see drivers being interviewed in the pit lane/whereever, you always see a female at their side in the team colours. Who are they and what job are they doing? Are they just personal assistants or are they there to monitor the questions being asked?

Anyway, a better F1 season for the viewer than last years dominance by Vettel. But i fear more of the same next season with Hamilton moving down and less competition for the race wins for Vettel.

Forgive my ignorance, but when you see drivers being interviewed in the pit lane/whereever, you always see a female at their side in the team colours. Who are they and what job are they doing? Are they just personal assistants or are they there to monitor the questions being asked?

Anyway, a better F1 season for the viewer than last years dominance by Vettel. But i fear more of the same next season with Hamilton moving down and less competition for the race wins for Vettel.

Monitor and record interviews so nothing can get twisted by the press

Am looking forward to seeing how this first corner plays out - with the grip discrepancy on side of the grid and that camber ( :o ) could be messy.

Vettel so dominant tbf, will deserve the title I suppose :P [curmurdgeon mode on]

ferrari broke seal on massa gearbox to give him a 5 grid penalty and move alonso up to 7th and on the better side of the track.

Understandable tbh, though apparently red bull toyed with the idea of doing it with webber too to put alonso back on the clean side which would have been a bit amusing I suppose.

Red Bull to change to a new type of alternator for the final race of the season. This comes after 3 (or 4?) alternator failures this season. They've been running an old (2005) alternator and a newer one is available and is being used by other Renault teams. Though I'd still say that changing something just for the last race is a risk in itself. Vehh exciting :)

All set up nicely for a final showdown! Hamilton grabbing 1st means it is exciting enough. A 20 point lead would have been enough i suspect for vettel but at 13 i think there is potential for last day drama and brazil is good for that. US circuit was a big success i thought too, which is good for the sport.

Brazil will be significant for something else too. Michael Schumacher's swansong. Arguably* the greatest ever driver in F1 hangs up his helmet ... again.

* not in my view

The Championship as it would stand using the old 10-6-4-3-2-1 scoring system.

1  Sebastian Vettel    Red Bull    90
2 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 80
3 Lewis Hamilton McLaren 59
4 Kimi Räikkönen Lotus 51
5 Jenson Button McLaren 49
6 Mark Webber Red Bull 46
7 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 22
8 Felipe Massa Ferrari 22
9 Romain Grosjean Lotus 19
10 Sergio Pérez Sauber 17
11 Pastor Maldonado Williams 12
12 Kamui Kobayashi Sauber 11