Formula One - 2012

BOF

No, they weren't. I don't think there were any pointless British answers. I was mulling over Mike Hawthorn but went with someone else because with him being British, someone would remember him and I was right.

In other news

Our American brethren will be watching F1 on NBC for the next 4 years

NBC secures F1 broadcast rights in the United States

Formula One Management has confirmed that the NBC Sports group will be the exclusive Formula 1 broadcaster in the United States for the next four years.

FOM said the NBC Sports group will broadcast all 20 races of the 2013 season - four on NBC and 16 on NBC Sports Network - as well as practice sessions and qualifying.

NBC replaces Speed as F1 broadcaster in the US after a 17-year run.

"NBC and its various media assets have a huge profile throughout the United States and I am obviously delighted to have concluded this agreement," said F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone.

"I feel that they will promote Formula 1 to a level not seen before in the United States.

"I very much look forward to working with NBC. Together, we will endeavour to broaden the scope of Formula 1 coverage available to US viewers incorporating additional digital content in particular that has not been available before."

The Canadian Grand Prix and the final three races of the year will air on NBC, while the remaining events will be broadcast on NBC Sports Network.

"We are thrilled to add the top international open-wheel racing series to our already-strong motorsports portfolio," said Jon Miller, President, Programming, NBC Sports and NBC Sports Network.

"Formula 1 is a perfect fit for the NBC Sports Group as it provides content across three platforms - broadcast, cable and digital - for nine months a year with more than 100 hours of premier programming annually."

Rather incredibly, Mario Andretti was one of the pointless answers. The three I got were Nino Farina, Denny Hulme & Phil Hill. The other 2 were Jochen Rindt & Keke Rosberg.

• 3 weeks later...

Delighted for Kimi but fed up with mclaren. Such an unreluable car, no wonder lewis is gambling on a fresh start. Hope Lotus- renault grab 3rd in the constructors, would serve them right. Must admit enjoyment of the race for was soured by the jamminess of vettel. Even when he has bad luck, he gets lucky! Heres hoping Ferrari have some proper updates next race.

Still recovering from a very heavy weekend at the Yas Marina circuit. Third time I've been as it's my local grand prix and have to say that this was the best race there yet.

Strange choice of post race concert, and with Eminem performing on race day, (Kylie and Nickelback on the other two), but definitely a good crack.

Our boat was right by the Rosberg crash too which was spectacular.

Still recovering from a very heavy weekend at the Yas Marina circuit. Third time I've been as it's my local grand prix and have to say that this was the best race there yet.

Strange choice of post race concert, and with Eminem performing on race day, (Kylie and Nickelback on the other two), but definitely a good crack.

Our boat was right by the Rosberg crash too which was spectacular.

Not jealous at all :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

So anyone looking forward to the new track in Austin? It's supposed to be a good'un by all accounts. But why did they have to go and call it 'Circuit of the Americas'? Arrogant clearings. I know it's typical and I'm not surprised but, still, it should annoy you.

Â