Favourite chocolate bar!

Chindie

Whats your favourite chocolate bar?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favourite chocolate bar?

• Snickers
    • Mars
    • Twix
    • Dairy Milk Fruit and nut
    • Aero
    • Toffee Crisp
    • Turkish Delight
    • Galaxy

This poll is closed to new votes

Ask one of our American friends to send you a few, they may have been ltd editions over here but in the Good Ole USofA that is a standard mars bar

Of course, that bar is called a "Milky Way Midnight"...

Describe your standard Mars Bar - type of chocolate plain or milk? colour of filling brown or white?

It was a fair few years ago now but when I was in the states a Mars Bar had plain chocolate and a White filling along with the caramelm - over here ours are kilk chocolate and a brown filling with the caramel

The American Milky Way bar is the closest thing in the US stable of Masterfoods to the Mars bar. Wikipedia saith that "the Milky Way bar is similar to the Mars bar sold elsewhere". The ingredient list (for the run of the mill Milky Way) is:

milk chocolate (list of ingredients thereof omitted), corn syrup, sugar, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, skim milk, cocoa power processed with alkali, lactose, malted barley, wheat flower, salt, egg whites, artificial flavor

I'll pick one up later and investigate further... ;)

And where the hell have Wispa bars gone ? They were lovely. Can you still get them ? Can't say I ever look around the bar section of a newsagent (cuz I usually just grab a Snickers) but I can't say I've seen Wispa's in a long time now.

So, can anyone in the US tell me if there is a Mars bar or Milky way with dark chocolate on? If so, I might ask someone to bring me some next time anyone goes over there.

There is a Milky Way Midnight... I'll have to check one of the more extensive emporia to check one out in the flesh...

Yes please, could you let me know - thanks

Boost should definitely be up there, my nan randomly gave me 3 boost bars when I went over to see her today, fantastic.

Oh and call me a big girl but I love Kinder Bueno bars as well.

edit: In a bag to take back with me and eat at my leasure, not to stuff down my face there and then incase you were wondering. Healthy eating goes out the window when boost bars are around (and working in a pizza shop doesn't help).

There is a Milky Way Midnight... I'll have to check one of the more extensive emporia to check one out in the flesh...

Yes please, could you let me know - thanks

I have one in my possession (wasn't in at the first larger shop (CVS) I tried, but the second (Walgreens) attempt was successful). The labeling touts "Bold, rich chocolate, golden caramel," and "vanilla nougat". The ingredient list cites "semisweet chocolate", which wikipedia indicates is dark chocolate with a high sugar content (probably to placate the American sweet tooth...).

It doesn't necessarily strike my fancy; my chocolate bar preferences tend to run towards the regular Snickers with a Snickers Cruncher chaser.

Went with the only one "with the cookie crunch". What the hell is a galaxy?

A galaxy is a huge gravitationally bound system of stars, interstellar gas and dust, plasma, and (possibly) unseen dark matter. Typical galaxies contain ten million to one trillion (107 to 1012) stars, all orbiting a common center of gravity. In addition to single stars and a tenuous interstellar medium, most galaxies contain a large number of multiple star systems and star clusters as well as various types of nebulae. Most galaxies are several thousand to several hundred thousand light years in diameter and are usually separated from one another by distances on the order of millions of light years.

Although so-called dark matter appears to account for around 90% of the mass of most galaxies, the nature of these unseen components is not well understood. There is some evidence that supermassive black holes may exist at the center of many, if not all, galaxies.

Intergalactic space, the space between galaxies, is filled with a tenuous plasma with an average density less than one atom per cubic meter. There are probably more than a hundred billion (1011) galaxies in our observable universe. (Wiki)

Turkish delight for me, but I am also partial to a bar of Green & Blacks Almond chocolate.

Went into a chocolate shop in Solihull yesterday called hotel chocolat I was like a kid in a toy shop, any body who lives there try it out fantastic range

Â