Favourite chocolate bar!

Chindie

Whats your favourite chocolate bar?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favourite chocolate bar?

• Snickers
    • Mars
    • Twix
    • Dairy Milk Fruit and nut
    • Aero
    • Toffee Crisp
    • Turkish Delight
    • Galaxy

This poll is closed to new votes

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Twix, yes. But Boost? Don't think I've ever eaten one. 

Ever had a Starbar? They're like that, but with biscuit pieces instead of nuts. Definitely worth trying one.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

25 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Ever had a Starbar? They're like that, but with biscuit pieces instead of nuts. Definitely worth trying one.

Don't think I have, no. I used to like Lion bars, though. 

Boost bars are great. I seem to recall there being different ones at launch and on checking wiki, I was right

Boost was launched in 1985 as a tough coconut and caramel bar coated in chocolate. It was then relaunched in a further two variants: a peanut and caramel version (a rebranding of the previously available Starbar) and a biscuit version. The coconut version is no longer available and the peanut version has again been rebranded as Starbar. The biscuit version is now the standard Boost bar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boost_(chocolate_bar)

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Don't think I have, no. I used to like Lion bars, though. 

A thin Tunnocks Caramel Wafer covered in nuts. I don't mind them but...In a straight fight I'd pick the Tunnocks Wafer (Plain Chocolate) every time

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Boosts are good!  Def in my top 5.

Every time I come home I have to buy boost bars and penguins to take back for people in germany

I've taken pretty much all of them over for people to try and they're the only ones that they want more of 

And as for coconut... Red bounty is top 5 for me too

Chocolate bars peaked with Rowntree's Secret back in the 80s/90s and such giddy heights of confection-perfection will ne'er again be reached.  I have long been of the belief that all involved in the design and production were silenced by "Big Choc" to save the wider snack industry from collapse.

Image result for nestle secret bar

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Common sense. Coconut should only ever be eaten in curries, I'm yet to find another acceptable use for it

I'm the opposite. Coconut ice is good, I like Bounties (unlike most bars, I prefer milk to plain chocolate here). But I don't much like curries to start with, and coconut only makes them worse. In fact the only thing worse in a curry is (and I'm gagging even typing the word) spinach. 

• Haha 1

Recently I've  watched a few videos on youtube of Americans trying British candy, and they all seem to really like Cadbury Crunchie a lot, but as a child when I was lucky enough to get a selection box (assortment of chocolate bars packaged together) for christmas I'd always leave the crunchie until last, was never keen on the texture of the honeycomb filling.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, useless said:

Recently I've  watched a few videos on youtube of Americans trying British candy, and they all seem to really like Cadbury Crunchie a lot, but as a child when I was lucky enough to get a selection box (assortment of chocolate bars packaged together) for christmas I'd always leave the crunchie until last, was never keen on the texture of the honeycomb filling.

I hated crunchie as a child, but now I’m older and my taste buds have changed I like a crunchie... you should retry 

• Like 1

It wasn't so much the taste but rather the texture and the sensation of biting through it that I didn't like. But I'll try a mini one when a chance presents itself and see if I feel any differently about them now.

On 18/09/2019 at 21:50, useless said:

I think it's because a Crunchie is a Butterfinger made professionally.

Butterfingers, like the majority of American chocolate bars, are **** horrendous things 

Dark milky way and the ones that are like bounties but with an almond thrown in on the top get a pass but the rest of them can go in the bin

Don't get their obsession with peanut butter chocolate bars either 

• 1 month later...
Â