Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Not being funny here all, but all I have read is 7 pages of "crap line up" "McLeish has no guts" and on and on.

From what I can see, apart from Heskey (given the fact Cueller and Given are injured) that is out first choice side, and basically the side that has played the last 4 or 5 games.

So what is it.

Houllier plays weakened teams and it is "He has disrespected us all"

McLeish plays his strongest line up and it is "It is crap, he has no imagination, why didn't he try Enda Stevens !"

Make your minds up for god sake !!! :oops:

can't wait to watch 2 teams who play crap football battle it out....

i just pray we don't embarass ourselves for the umpteenth time this season live in front of the nation....

im fed up of getting "**** me villa are so boring to watch mate" texts from friends after our live games....

Heskey on the wing

Jesus

Not being funny here all, but all I have read is 7 pages of "crap line up" "McLeish has no guts" and on and on.

From what I can see, apart from Heskey (given the fact Cueller and Given are injured) that is out first choice side, and basically the side that has played the last 4 or 5 games.

So what is it.

McLeish plays his strongest line up and it is "It is crap, he has no imagination, why didn't he try Enda Stevens !"

was thinking along same lines, to me it shows we are taking this game and the fa cup serious.

as much as i dislike Mcleash he is in a lose lose with team selection. play strong team and we see wft is he doing ?

play a weakened team with kids etc it woulda been wtf why aint we taking this serious

It is a bit of a difference playing City in the FA Cup and Bristol Rovers.

I'm sure you will figure it out if you think about it.

have we at least got the youngsters on the bench? if we do go a couple up and are cruising it would be good to give a few a go, gardner, stevens and bannan especially but maybe a couple of kids at full back to see if they can put some pressure on hutton/warnock would be good....

have we at least got the youngsters on the bench? if we do go a couple up and are cruising it would be good to give a few a go, gardner, stevens and bannan especially but maybe a couple of kids at full back to see if they can put some pressure on hutton/warnock would be good....

Substitutes

* 33 Marshall,

* 10 N'Zogbia,

* 16 Delph,

* 25 Bannan,

* 38 Gardner,

* 11 Agbonlahor,

* 26 Weimann

Substitutes

* 33 Marshall,

* 10 N'Zogbia,

* 16 Delph,

* 25 Bannan,

* 38 Gardner,

* 11 Agbonlahor,

* 26 Weimann

God forbid if any of our defenders get injured!!!!! Clark is already playing with a calf strain

Oh, and what was the point buying Stevens, but not giving his debut at one of the best possible moments of the season? He isn't even on the bench.

You can just tell McLeish is desperate not to lose this because of the pressure under the fans. That's why he was always a bad appointment. Dumb mentally sick board.

I would have gone with more of a mix between youth and experience in this game. Bannan and Gardner probably should have been given a chance, as well as Delfouneso and the new-boy Stevens (although I have no idea where he is with his fitness in fairness). I'm not overly disappointed with the line-up though.

We're in a difficult position with Heskey. He isn't really good enough to play regularly for us and no-one is going to sign him, so what do we do? If we never play him he's just eating up £60k pw for nothing.

Something like Guzan, Hutton, Collins, Clark, Stevens, Albrighton, Gardner, Ireland, Bannan, Delfouneso, Bent would have done nicely.

:edit: just seen that Delph is on the bench. I'd probably start him ahead of Ireland just to give him a game.

Oh, and what was the point buying Stevens, but not giving his debut at one of the best possible moments of the season? He isn't even on the bench.

You can just tell McLeish is desperate not to lose this because of the pressure under the fans. That's why he was always a bad appointment. Dumb mentally sick board.

Or, another way to say the same thing... the constant negativity, pessimism, and sniping of a number of fans that are never happy no matter what happens is having a negative impact on the club both on and off the pitch... as some of us have been warning for some time.