Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I'm fully expecting Hutton, Heskey and Bannan and Albrighton to start in this one. Can't see him changing anything else tbh.

Edit - Maybe Gardner for Clark

Pretty close, Gardner and Bannan were more hope than expectation on my part tbh!

well unless ireland is playing left mid in a 442, its the demon winger heskey out wide in a 433/451. FFS

although at least Bent is playing. him not starting would have sent the rumourmill into overdrive

Not exactly inspired by that team.

It says to me I want to win, which we will imo. But I think that is the situation we're in, we should be confident to at least play one player like Gardner/Bannan without the fear of getting beaten.

After all this is a totally out of form league two side who have no manager.

It's a side that is chosen by a man under pressure, terrified by failure.

He has had some positive teams lately, with success against Chelsea and failure against Swansea. Now he is reverting to his old self.

I would have hoped he could play some more of the younger players.

Every time I see a McLeish line-up, I immediately think 'Where the hell is he playing?'. There is always at least one player out of position.

I'm guessing Heskey is going on the wing, or Ireland is?

TBF Villaboy, that happens a Villa Park, I usually get caught up in it as I get off the Aston Expressway - the police bikes bunch all the coaches together , stop all the traffic and bring them in.

On to the match - so bloody disappointed Heskey is in. The rest of the team is first choice, so can't complain with that at all, but Heskey is out past (we all hope) - surely to god today was the day to try Fonz if he wanted to rest Gabby.

Personally, I'd have rested Petrov for Bannan and Gabby for Fonz.

I can see a very scrappy 1-1 draw coming up here and a hard decision whether I waste money going to the replay.

EDIT

I've just realised , I'll be skiing when the replay is on, so thats made my mind up - I'll take a bit of Apres Ski in a bar, watching the Villa - that'll do nicely !