Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

don't get too excited by that team...

gabby is not as much of a threat out wide...he caused chelsea all sorts of problems by playing through the centre and that's where he belongs IMO...

we are essentially changing the formation and personnel to accomodate Ireland...all based on his one good performance against Chelsea...

Albrighton has done well and is our best crosser of the ball and is unlucky to be dropped... a few of his caused chelsea difficulties

its risky...if it pays off great

if it doesn't....i fear in about an hours time we will be watching Bent chasing defenders and seeing 0 crosses coming into the box

i hope Ireland realises how much Mcleish is changing the team and formation for him...he better prove he is worth the faith we are showing in him

don't get too excited by that team...

gabby is not as much of a threat out wide...he caused chelsea all sorts of problems by playing through the centre and that's where he belongs IMO...

we are essentially changing the formation and personnel to accomodate Ireland...all based on his one good performance against Chelsea...

Albrighton has done well and is our best crosser of the ball and is unlucky to be dropped... a few of his caused chelsea difficulties

its risky...if it pays off great

if it doesn't....i fear in about an hours time we will be watching Bent chasing defenders and seeing 0 crosses coming into the box

i hope Ireland realises how much Mcleish is changing the team and formation for him...he better prove he is worth the faith we are showing in him

Ireland played in the same position last game... It's more trying to accomodate Bent as well as Gabby.

The thought of Swansea being the only side in the top flight not to win away this season worries me a little.

Come on Villa stay focused.

Ouch, now I fear that too. Thought they'd won at least one game away before this. :( Getting nervous.

He's been average and while some of his crosses may have caused problems, Ireland scored, set up a goal and caused problems.

Is Delph injured? Haven't seen him on the bench for a while.

Whatever the reason, I'm happy he's nowhere near the team at the moment, he's got loads of work to do.

More than happy with todays starting eleven.

Thats the team I would have gone with as well so no complaints. Unlucky for Albrighton but I'm hoping we use him as a proper impact sub (at 60 minutes for whichever attacker is looking the least effective).

I just have a very good feeling about this game, think we could see a 3-0 win.

bit of a mistake playing gabby on the right instead of marc imo.

other than that the team is fine, but id just have done a straight swap of gabby out, benty in and left the midfield balance as it was

bit of a mistake playing gabby on the right instead of marc imo.

other than that the team is fine, but id just have done a straight swap of gabby out, benty in and left the midfield balance as it was

Respectfully disagree. Gabby does a lot of work off the ball that Bent does not or cannot. Don't think the Chelsea alignment would work with Bent in place of Gabby.