Internet Nostalgia

tonyh29

Going to Gateway computers in the Pavillions. 500mhz PC all of my own in my room. My step dad installed two ISDN lines in the house one for me and one for him. The joy of downloading Manic Street Preachers at a full 128kbps in 99/2000 was space age stuff. 

I used to go to the central library and borrow CDs, rip them and sell them at school the next week. 

• Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I used to go to the central library and borrow CDs, rip them and sell them at school the next week. 

the-office-note.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Back in 95. Bought a 486 computer with Windows 95 installed. A dial up modem massive 48k connection speed.  Isp. Clarinet.  Started designing websites in notepad In html 1 combined with a little basic java script 

Edited by PaulC

21 hours ago, sidcow said:

Tiny Computers 

I used to buy PC magazines (nerd!). I remember the ads for Tiny, as well as Mesh and Evesham Micros 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I used to buy PC magazines (nerd!). I remember the ads for Tiny, as well as Mesh and Evesham Micros 

Buying a newspaper and seeing pages and pages of Tiny, Dell and Gateway adverts. 

Guitar tabs was really the only thing really I remember from in the 90s. My mates had computers, I had a drum kit and an electro-accoustic. I taught myself, well, we taught ourselves sooooo much stuff. Was such a game-changer

• Like 2

I got my first home PC from Tiny in about 1997 which came with what also became my first mobile phone.  A Sagem which even at the time was a little embarrassing

image.png.ca513e66566a8db99d5a89ddf3101048.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Back in 95. Bought a 486 computer with Windows 95 installed. A dial up modem massive 48k connection speed.  Isp. Clarinet.  Started designing websites in notepad In html 1 combined with a little basic java script 

My dad built me a PC when I was a kid. Did I show interest in this and pursue a career in computing to become a dot.com millionaire, or did I do a poxy social science degree and just about earn the average wage? I think the answer is fairly clear. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
Posted (edited)

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/

Classifications: Section I

1. classic mullet: this specimen is a clear demonstration of a classic mullet. Note how this mullet proudly displays his exotic plumage while in a menacing stance -- classic indeed.

The mesh tank-top, digital watch, silver chain, and molestache all add points to this fine specimen's overall look and mulletude.

• Mulletude: 10
  • Aggressiveness: 10
  • Hobbies: football games, wife beating, picking fights
  • Sightings: everywhere, there's no escape (see eyes)
  • Favorite Band: Steve Miller Band
classic mullet

2. CamaroMullet: The CamaroMullet used to have full reign over the mullet brethren, but that was back in the '70s and '80s. This species has fallen from grace since, but can still be seen enjoying NASCAR events and shopping at Kragen, or up in the attic cooking up crank.

Distinguishing features include: a molester mustache (peach fuzzy), tight-fitting acid wash jeans, and an ever-present key ring hanging from the belt loop.

Feel the mulletude emanating through your computer screen from this rare pic.

It is not recommended you confront the CamaroMullet, for they are very aggressive and cannot be hurt (this might be due to the frequent use of methamphetamines, angel dust, etc.).

• Hobbies: primering cars, bar fights, picking scabs, losing teeth
  • Sightings: Kragen, Grand Auto, working on a Camaro on their front lawn
  • Favorite Band: AC/DC
CamaroMullet

3. midgiemullet: Midgiemullets have the highest MPSI (mulletude per square inch) rating within their species. Irish folklore has it that if you caress the midgiemullet 3 times, you will be blessed with a case-and-a-half of Pabst Blue Ribbon on your doorstep within the next 48 hours.

• Hobbies: taunting non-mullets, being tossed, bowled
  • Sightings: kicking my ass
  • Favorite Band: Kid Rock
midgiemullet

4. businessmullet a.k.a. safety cut: These mullets want it all: business in the front, party in the back.

When at work, their mulletude offends and annoys their co-workers, but luckily (and not coincidentally), these mullets are rarely in any position of real power (though they tend to think they are).

Interesting creatures, their hair is short enough not to offend the boss, but long enough to keep their rebellious comrades from becoming suspicious.

• Mulletude: 5
  • Aggressiveness: 3
  • Hobbies: sexual harassment, taking advantage of intoxicated employees at company gatherings, surfing pr0n on company time (with stiffy)
  • Sightings: financial districts, strip clubs
  • Favorite Band: Joe Cocker
businessmullet a.k.a. safety cut

5. minitruckmullet: Thought to be extinct in 1994, and usually too wily to be caught on camera, the minitruckmullet is a rare sighting indeed. The minitruckmullet has only the bottom part of his hairline on the base of his neck long.

The preferred attire of this species is Oakley Razorblade sunglasses, a turtleneck shirt with a gold cross and chain (hanging proudly), accompanied by tight fitting Guess? jeans.

The vehicle owned by the minitruckmullet almost always has a lame slogan airbrushed on the tailgate ("U Snooz, U Looz," "Teal Dream" etc.) and a "No Fear," "Fear This," or Calvin Pissing sticker.

• Mulletude: 6
  • Aggressiveness: 7
  • Hobbies: cruising the Taco Bell parking lot at lunch time for high school chicks, annoying everyone in the neighborhood with their insipid car alarms, bumpin' the treble
  • Sightings: performance auto parts stores, the mall
  • Favorite Band: Vanilla Ice
minitruckmullet

6. mullhawk: punk as ****.

• Mulletude: 5
  • Hobbies: punk as ****
  • Sightings: punk as ****
  • Favorite Band: Offspring (i know, i know, they're not really punk, dumbass)
mullhawk

7. mullatino A.K.A. meximullet: a person of Latin or Chicano descent adorning a mullet. This happens to be one of my favorite mullet pictures, I like the streamlined, smooth look, and the absence of sideburns. Some mullatinos like to accessorize their mullets with snakeskin boots, big ol' belt buckles, silk shirts (with rooster prints) and colored jeans.

most mullatinos are friendly, family folk--with a passion por lambada--the forbidden dance. or something.

• Mulletude: 8
  • Hobbies: Budweiser
  • Sightings: Wal*Mart on Sunday after church
  • Favorite Band: Los Bukis
mullatino a.k.a meximullet

8. ultimullet: This mullet is the mullet to end all mullets. I can only imagine the time and care it took this man to grow a mullet of this caliber and magnitude. Why this mullet is in a ponytail, I don't know, perhaps to accentuate the hair on his back emanating from the depths of his T-shirt. Or he could have gone through a metamorphosis--which many mullets do during the summer--in order do store the mulletude in the actual mullet for the long winter which lie ahead.

• Hobbies: none. they live for the mullet
  • Sightings: the wind
  • Favorite Band: Slayer
ultimullet

Edited by fightoffyour

6 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I spent so much time on Championship Manager, 1999-2004. 

l lost a couple of years to it! '96 and '97! 

Made Peterborough a force to be reckoned with though! 

• Like 1

Â