McLeish - Yes / No / Unsure

Dodgyknees

McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure  

438 members have voted

1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

not my own work - else I would have put it as a front page article. Its going viral via email

FA CUP 3RD ROUND

BRISTOL ROVERS 1 ASTON VILLA 0

Bristol Rovers eased past relegation battlers Aston Villa with a comfortable win at the Memorial Stadium. Rovers’ winning goal came in farcical fashion in the 11th minute, Stephen Warnock’s dreadful backpass forcing Villa keeper Brad Guzan into a rushed clearance which rebounded off one of Richard Dunne’s chins and trickled over the line. Villa spent much of the first 45 minutes camped on the edge of their penalty area and seemed content to protect their one goal deficit. The first half was interrupted by a couple of lengthy delays, firstly when a pass from James Collins brought down a Boeing 737 which crashed near the dugout, waking up the Villa substitutes and causing Peter Grant to get up and point at something and sit down again. Then play had to be stopped when Darren Bent sent a carrier pigeon to his team-mates with a message to give him the ball, only for Richard Dunne to eat the pigeon with some roast potatoes and wash it down with a bottle of 1976 Pinot Noir. When play resumed Villa’s defence continued to hold firm in the face of no threat and attempted to smash the press box whenever they accidentally won the ball. Villa skipper Stilian Petrov had to have treatment for a neck injury and severe dehydration after running a total of 400 miles watching the ball sail over his head. Emile Heskey, playing in the midfield playmaker role, also had treatment for an injury to his hip after his left leg collided with his right leg and made him fall over. The half-time whistle was met with gales of laughter by the home support, which woke up the travelling support.

Villa improved marginally in the second half, with Heskey managing a shot which hit the fourth official in the shorts pocket and squashed his Snickers. Rover’s keeper Bevan was occasionally tested, but only by the Times Crossword which he had brought out for the second half. He completed it on 65 minutes and went on to do the sudoku before tearing the paper up and making an origami zoo. Darren Bent worked hard as always, spending the second half studying Rosetta Stone on his ipad - by the end of the match he was able to ask for a transfer in four different languages. On 72 minutes a pass from James Collins smashed a floodlight. Villa’s midfield was sorely lacking presence and bite; Stephen Ireland remained on the bench despite Alex McLeish’s claims that in training he was playing like “a man possessed by the spirit of George Best,” and Charles N’Zogbia was left out of the squad for missing his breakfast. Villa were reduced to ten men in the 75th minute when Alan Hutton was dismissed for a reckless two-footed studs-up challenge that demolished the snack bar and wrote off sixty sesame seed buns and thirty-five polystyrene cups and broke the glasses of a man in the queue. Villa briefly threatened in the dying moments when a clearance from James Collins rebounded off the moon before taking a deflection off Richard Dunne’s buttock and creeping past the post.

However, Rovers were never in trouble, and by the time the referee blew the final whistle their players had already changed into their pyjamas.

Alex McLeish: “We started slowly, the goal was unfortunate but we showed lots of character in the second half. Alan Hutton was unlucky, he’s not that sort of player. Obviously we’re disappointed to be knocked out, but you have to remember that Bristol Rovers beat Barnet last week, it’s never easy when you come here. Heskey was tremendous.”

had me in stitches

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does he realise he only had one winger on the pitch saturday in albrighton?

next week were gonna go for the chelsea 2005/06 4-3-3 formation, where robben and duff supported drogba and switched from left to right with consumate ease, but were gonna do it with hutton and heskey.

not my own work - else I would have put it as a front page article. Its going viral via email

:lol:

That actually had me laughing out loud but at the same time it's scary how true that is!

Sweet Jesus. Based on the Dutch system?

How the f@ck is this clueless mong paid £2m+ a year and managing in the Premier League?

What manager actually comes out and explains their tactics in so much detail? Not that they would ever come to fruitation on the field anyway. 0 shots against United in the first half.

The pressure is on. He's said that because everyone is talking about how dreadful, negative, and crap his tactics are and him as a manager.

Corrected. :winkold:

It really does beggar belief.

I saw a post the other day describing RL as a philanthropist. If he is giving that amount to Eck, he must have a strong element of charity in his DNA.

FA CUP 3RD ROUND

Bristol Rovers eased past relegation battlers Aston Villa with a comfortable win at the Memorial Stadium. Rovers’ winning goal came in farcical fashion in the 11th minute, Stephen Warnock’s dreadful backpass forcing Villa keeper Brad Guzan into a rushed clearance which rebounded off one of Richard Dunne’s chins and trickled over the line. Villa spent much of the first 45 minutes camped on the edge of their penalty area and seemed content to protect their one goal deficit. The first half was interrupted by a couple of lengthy delays, firstly when a pass from James Collins brought down a Boeing 737 which crashed near the dugout, waking up the Villa substitutes and causing Peter Grant to get up and point at something and sit down again. Then play had to be stopped when Darren Bent sent a carrier pigeon to his team-mates with a message to give him the ball, only for Richard Dunne to eat the pigeon with some roast potatoes and wash it down with a bottle of 1976 Pinot Noir. When play resumed Villa’s defence continued to hold firm in the face of no threat and attempted to smash the press box whenever they accidentally won the ball. Villa skipper Stilian Petrov had to have treatment for a neck injury and severe dehydration after running a total of 400 miles watching the ball sail over his head. Emile Heskey, playing in the midfield playmaker role, also had treatment for an injury to his hip after his left leg collided with his right leg and made him fall over. The half-time whistle was met with gales of laughter by the home support, which woke up the travelling support.

Villa improved marginally in the second half, with Heskey managing a shot which hit the fourth official in the shorts pocket and squashed his Snickers. Rover’s keeper Bevan was occasionally tested, but only by the Times Crossword which he had brought out for the second half. He completed it on 65 minutes and went on to do the sudoku before tearing the paper up and making an origami zoo. Darren Bent worked hard as always, spending the second half studying Rosetta Stone on his ipad - by the end of the match he was able to ask for a transfer in four different languages. On 72 minutes a pass from James Collins smashed a floodlight. Villa’s midfield was sorely lacking presence and bite; Stephen Ireland remained on the bench despite Alex McLeish’s claims that in training he was playing like “a man possessed by the spirit of George Best,” and Charles N’Zogbia was left out of the squad for missing his breakfast. Villa were reduced to ten men in the 75th minute when Alan Hutton was dismissed for a reckless two-footed studs-up challenge that demolished the snack bar and wrote off sixty sesame seed buns and thirty-five polystyrene cups and broke the glasses of a man in the queue. Villa briefly threatened in the dying moments when a clearance from James Collins rebounded off the moon before taking a deflection off Richard Dunne’s buttock and creeping past the post.

However, Rovers were never in trouble, and by the time the referee blew the final whistle their players had already changed into their pyjamas.

Alex McLeish: “We started slowly, the goal was unfortunate but we showed lots of character in the second half. Alan Hutton was unlucky, he’s not that sort of player. Obviously we’re disappointed to be knocked out, but you have to remember that Bristol Rovers beat Barnet last week, it’s never easy when you come here. Heskey was tremendous.”

I'm laughing harder at this. Brilliant :lol:.

Yes it is very good, and gave me a good chuckle. :lol:

It is a toss up between this ,and McLeish saying we play like Holland as to what is the funniest post on the page.

Love the Bristol Rovers match report.

Been talking to a number of other fans this week, most asking what has happened at Villa as we look like relegation candidates.

I keep get asked the same question and would love to know how to answer it. It's very easy to point the finger at McLeish, but I think we've been on a downwards slope since the start of 09. I'm just hoping we're close to the trough

FA CUP 3RD ROUND

I'm laughing harder at this. Brilliant :lol:.

**** brilliant!!

FA CUP 3RD ROUND

That is without doubt the funniest thing I've ever read on here. :lol:

Clearly we have it all wrong, we are not boring we are playing just like Holland used to with flying wingers.......it's just that their wings have been clipped :)

HERE

OH MY **** GOD :bang:

Not only is he the worst manger in the premier league he is now completly delusional.

If he thinks we play the dutch 4-3-3 system he needs to sectioned under the mental health act.

This prat just gets worse every minute of every day. Even when we are not playing he makes himself look more and more incapable which in itself is amazing. I wish he would just shut the **** up and pack his bags.

This is the same man that said Heskey looked like Franz Beckenbaur in training.

The man is clearly of his rocker.

What an absolubte bell end

I can't believe that he thinks we play a 4-3-3!

4-5-1 is, and always has been, is method of play and that is why Bent is starved of service and support.

The man is on a trip somewhere but God knows where!

Â