McLeish - Yes / No / Unsure

Dodgyknees

McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure  

438 members have voted

1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

The longer it goes on the more damage is done and the harder it is to reverese iit

Players playing with no will to win and not even trying, that is hard to turn around that is when the losing run is there for all to see.

I think alot of how you play comes from how much the manager and assistant inspires you and motivates you.

McLeish is about as exciting as a funeral directors, Im not suprised the players aren't up for it. I guarantee most of them think McLeish and Grant are a pair of arseholes.

Peter Grant was very unpopular amongst the blues players.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll get sucked into the relegation fight and the players will not have the will to actually have the fight

Yes relegation is a definite possibility this season

I would agree with that. Our 'lofty' position is entirely artificial.

We'll get sucked into the relegation fight and the players will not have the will to actually have the fight

Yes relegation is a definite possibility this season

I agree about relegation this season.

It's a football cliche but goals win you games. when you play 1 upfront and everbody else 35 yards behind the striker with Emile Heskey in midfield then quite simply your ****.

Last season wasnt great but this season is already worse. I never thought that I would miss Gerard Houllier so much :shock:

Birmingham were playing utter shit football last season, but the media were never going to blame McLeish for that coz lets face it they are small time....

but Villa are bigger and have a very recent history of playing decent football under the MON era ao his shit negative 10 behind the ball tactics are gonna get more head lines

I sincerely hope the media bashing continues coz we need all the help we can get to get this incredible nonce out of our club

While I understand people's frustration with Mcliesh - is there any need for people to be so abusive about him?

I have no doubt he is giving it his best shot and wants the best for villa and although his best may not be good enough - that doesn't make him a bad person. All the name calling is a bit embarrasing tbh.

I wanted to give him a whole season before making a judgement. But I am getting frustrated. I turned against Houllier last season after the FA cup fiasco against Man City. I will wait to see end January now, and if things have not improved, I would want him out.

Exactly how I feel. We just didnt start the season well enough to not look over our shoulders down the league table with the awful run of games we have coming up. Also, it stinks going to Villa Park to see the place so desolate and devoid of passion, I cant remember such a poor atmosphere since the O'Leary days. I don't think some of our players have helped though, N'Zogbia has been a total embarassment and is half the player I expected. But the playing style is just so negative and ineffective; we are risking losing the best striker weve had at the club for 20 years because he gets bugger all to work with.

I think our problem is that we have a very limited manager who was expected to offer more than the crap we are seeing every week, having been given a big job without really earning it. Unfortunately we are now finding out to our cost that when the chips are down he really doesnt know how to set a team up to play differently.

The worst think about McLeish is we have half decent players to play good football. Bannan, Jenas, Albrighton, Gardner, even Ireland all have the ability to play good football but we see players like Petrov, Herd, Heskey and the out of form N'Zogbia. I am not saying Petrov and Herd have been bad but we shouldn't have both on the pitch at the same time or we are too defensive and neither are really great passers or the best at attacking.

I wouldn't mind trying Guzan, Lichaj, Dunne, Clarke, Warnock, Bannan, Petrov, Ireland, Albrighton, Bent, Agbonlahor

Hell it may back fire and we may concede but at least we wouldn't lose 1-0 or play dull matches.

Hell it may back fire and we may concede but at least we wouldn't lose 1-0 or play dull matches.
It would be dull though. The line up isn't really the problem - it's the way he sets them up.

True but we have seen what just having Bannan does to the game. McLeish's shit tactics holds back our players. I'd honestly prefer Martinez just because the games wouldn't be dull. So many good choices for manager out there and we choose the one that got his team relegated twice.

The team we put out against a very, very poor United side SHOULD have had the ability to test them. What could have been an effective, direct and counter attacking 4-3-3 ended up as some kind of pseudo 6-3-1 formation with the 1 left completely isolated.

We sit so deep that the gap between defence and midfield has to be filled by someone. Because of the way modern teams like United set up with runners breaking from all over and the likes of Rooney dropping deep this gap needs to be filled with more than one individual. Then you have the space for the opposition wingers to exploit which nullifies the threat of your own full backs and allows theirs to gamble and push up. Suddenly your wingers are now playing as wing backs.

8-1-1

Siege mentality ensues. We are in effect the anti-Arsenal, only mustering the effort to switch our game plan when it's too late. Even then our game plan appears to be Emile Heskey in the hole.

I hate you McLeish. **** off.

Catch 22 situation

We really need to strengthen in january and bring in reinforcements

But would you give McLeish money after the sensational capture of Alan Hutton for 4 million

What a waste i certainly wouldn't

While I understand people's frustration with Mcliesh - is there any need for people to be so abusive about him?

I have no doubt he is giving it his best shot and wants the best for villa and although his best may not be good enough - that doesn't make him a bad person. All the name calling is a bit embarrasing tbh.

I agree, I don't think he should be Villa manager but he deserves a little bit of respect at the very least. Also the name calling just weakens any argument immediately, as it makes the person look a little childish in my opinion. If we want our views taken seriously then name calling is not the way to go.

As a season ticket holder, along with my son, I always looked forward to match days.

The walk to VP discussing the likely result, who might play, what the attendance is likely to be. On the way back, either happy or solemn, debating how the game went.

If we won I was really happy, if we drew it depended upon who we drew with as to my mood, if we lost I was really depressed.

Now I don't look forward to match day. I see it as a chore and I only go because my son and I have season tickets which cost over £1000. I expect Villa to get beat and I expect to be bored senseless watching it.

The sooner this season is over the better.

Catch 22 situation

We really need to strengthen in january and bring in reinforcements

But would you give McLeish money after the sensational capture of Alan Hutton for 4 million

What a waste i certainly wouldn't

Absolutely not. It seems like AM main scouting mainly takes place at the Tottenham training ground and I don't want anymore of their broken rejects or cast offs. If Randy is thinking of spending anywhere in the region of 3-5 mill I would much rather he used it to get rid of McCleish and his crew and then got someone in who at least attempts to football. I would happily accept no Jan transfers and a second half of the season battle with what we have got rather than AM still be here and signing more average/shite players that are just going to create another backlog of over paid players seeing out a custy contract with not much ambition (e.g Collins, Ireland, Dunnne, Warnock)

Absolutely not. It seems like AM main scouting mainly takes place at the Tottenham training ground and I don't want anymore of their broken rejects or cast offs. If Randy is thinking of spending anywhere in the region of 3-5 mill I would much rather he used it to get rid of McCleish and crew and then got someone in who at least attempts to football. I would happily accept no Jan transfers and a second half of the season month battle with what we have got rather than AM still be here and signing more average/shite players that are just going to create another backlog of over paid players seeing out a custy contract with not much ambition (e.g Collins, Ireland, Dunnne, Warnock)

Agree

A thousand times this.

Â