McLeish - Yes / No / Unsure

Dodgyknees

McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure  

438 members have voted

1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

Problem is, he will never win the fans over.

Agreed,

Which means he is a dead man walking

yes but how long will RL stand by and watch the ginger bell end make a balls up of running the club? his made his choice and because of his own ego he will stand by it.

from what i understand he does the same with his american football club, doesnt give a bollocks what the fans think and seems oblivious to the feeling of angst and disillusionment amongst the fans.

the interview in the programme from the man utd match where he said "speaking with alex in enthralling, his all football, its all he wants to talk about". well i like to have a few beers and bang on about villa, doesnt give me the qualities to manage the club though does it.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is, he will never win the fans over.

Of course he could. The majority are here to give him a chance.

I want him gone but if we started winning games then my mind will change. It's not difficult. Results have been poor, made worse by the fact football has been atrocious.

Exactly, of course he could win the fans over. Would you still be calling for his head if he got us European football and cup finals? I'm not saying it's likely to happen but anything is possible.

I want him gone along with the majority of people if the poll is to be believed, but it was and still is possible that he could win the fans over.

I've just read something on a Villa Blog. According to the guy I've quoted below he has actually made contact with the club and this is what they have to say.

Basically- All they said was... We have to back the manager-

Tatics and personal is the manager's decision and even said wheb heskey and petrov came on we looked more "solid"... who gives a f**k if we look more solid.... i said well what about playing actual football.... the response "it takes time to gel players" and on my point on darren bent probably wanting to leave and having the lowest amount of touches than any other premier league player.... the response was.... "well it's hard to keep football players at the club... even in the past with gareth, james, stewart, and ashley, in this current climate its diificult... look at ronaldo and real madrid look at andy caroll and newcaslte" but we would not want to lose darren" in terms of changs being made... "Well changes where made for the man utd game and we actually looked better in the second half" on mcleish as manager "Well Paul and mr lerner felt it was the right appointment, they always listen to the fans but felt he could take us forward, and the second what about his managerial record "Well everything needs time and we still want to push for Europe!!!!

"We need to back the manager"

Well that's it. Regardless of the rubbish football he is dishing out and the threat of a relegation battle they won't do anything about it. Looks like Bent will be gone as well judging by it.

Doesn't the board have any respect for us at all? This is becoming a real problem now.

Im protesting via not going to Liverpool and Arsenal despite owning a season ticket. We will lose both games and show no ambition so whats the point.
Was gonna go up to the Arsenal game but have decided not to instead not because we might lose but because I know we wont try.

Protests won't work. We tried that at June and they spat on our faces. I don't think chants will work either. They didn't bother listening to us before.

What needs to happen is we simply don't turn up. Hit them where it really hurts. I think this could be possible the longer AM carries on using his anti football.

The worst thing is if the board do manage to pluck up the guts to sack him they won't admit they made a mistake they will come out with crap like "the fans were just not prepared to accept him or give him time".

The most annoying thing about this whole thing is that people think our issues with him are about his past when it is entirely about what is happening in the here and now.

The most annoying thing about this whole thing is that people think our issues with him are about his past when it is entirely about what is happening in the here and now.

Nah, the media and other fans are catching on that AM really is hopeless. But our useless board will still probably see it that way.

The worst thing is if the board do manage to pluck up the guts to sack him they won't admit they made a mistake they will come out with crap like "the fans were just not prepared to accept him or give him time".

I think journalists and pundits might be finally coming round now. As for the board, I don't really care what they say, as long as they sack him and get somebody half decent in.

I think journalists and pundits might be finally coming round now. As for the board, I don't really care what they say, as long as they sack him and get somebody half decent in.

I was with you right up until the last bit then you lost all credibility ;)

The longer it goes on the more damage is done and the harder it is to reverese iit

Players playing with no will to win and not even trying, that is hard to turn around that is when the losing run is there for all to see.

Catch 22.

They won't sack him. But if they did you couldn't trust them to hire someone decent. And even if they did hire someone decent theres no money to take the club anywhere.

Hmm. Theres only one way we're going. Down.

Â