McLeish - Yes / No / Unsure

Dodgyknees

McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure  

438 members have voted

1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

Sorry but some people (and I suspect those with the power to make the decision) will just believe this is a fans reaction over the former club of our current manager and that this mob have wanted him out since day 1 and it would be unfair to let that mob hound him out
Well Randy was at the Man U game on Saturday. Maybe he's starting to realise why we were so against the appointment?

This sounds harsh, but I'm not confident enough in Lerner's footballing knowledge to trust in his ability to decide what is or isnt 'good football'.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but some people (and I suspect those with the power to make the decision) will just believe this is a fans reaction over the former club of our current manager and that this mob have wanted him out since day 1 and it would be unfair to let that mob hound him out
Well Randy was at the Man U game on Saturday. Maybe he's starting to realise why we were so against the appointment?

This sounds harsh, but I'm not confident enough in Lerner's footballing knowledge to trust in his ability to decide what is or isnt 'good football'.

Well after watching us play much better football under O'Neill and Houllier (and watching every other club in the division also play better football) perhaps he does know the difference?

Well after watching us play much better football under O'Neill and Houllier (and watching every other club in the division also play better football) perhaps he does know the difference?

You'd certainly assume so, but what evidence is there to suggest that he knows the difference? Or that he recognises the brand of football currently on show isnt acceptable?

If only the General was still here. We'd be able to contact him safe in the knowledge that he'd take the opinion of the fanbase seriously.
Nah, he'd say Mcleish was doing a remarkable job

If AM was a car, he would probably be a Trabant!

If your car breaks down by the side of the road everytime you take the family out for a drive, then pretty soon the family will refuse to get in the car.

Randy needs to invest in a new car if he wants to keep the family on board!

Sadly I think we're stuck with McLeish until the summer at least. My only hopes are that we somehow scrape enough points together to survive at the end of the season, and then Randy wakes up to the monumental blunder he has made. We then have to hope that Randy has better fortune with his search for a new manager, one that can lift the club again, not send it into a deep slumber. Hopefully with a new man at the helm, and a few of the big earning donkeys off the wage bill, the future will start looking brighter again.

As depressing as it sounds, after paying compensation to Oneill, Houllier and BCFC, I think relegation would be the only thing that would result in Lerner sacking McLeish within the next 18 months. And even then we would still face the prospect of another manager appointed by Lerner.

The General got found out when he said they were aiming for 4th (lol whoops my finger slipped 5th) and also said why wouldn't we want 20 million for Downing (our best player last season). That was the last post he ever made and I think it was for the best because the media would have drooled over his nonsense.

He also let slip moments before when we was on the verge of appointing AM that SAF made the decision for them. Words cannot explain how embarassing that was. It's the fact our board couldn't find the right man themselves despite having the summer to prepare.

What Krulak said few days before McLeish was confirmed:-

"I will say that the uproar over McLeish is absolutely uncalled for….he certainly has proved he can manage in the big leagues…just imagine what he could do if he was with an owner who supported him.

First off, NO ONE is confirming a rumour…I am just stating a belief. You all cling to the fact that he has seen his lads relegated twice…well, the first time he was not with the Club long enough to make much of a difference. Secondly, …look at the owners he has worked for and their support of him monetarily. Then look at Randy and what he provides to his Managers. Third, look at his record with other Clubs…as a Manager and player. Check with Sir Alex and ask him about the man…you will get an entirely different sense.

All I am saying is that the fact that he managed BCFC should not be the driving factor. Those fans who X the man out because he managed our biggest rival just seem to miss the point. YES, Randy and the Board understand the feelings of the Fans…we are neither deaf nor blind. At the same time, whether it would be this man or any other, we need to do what we think is right for the Club.

NO action is taken without HUGE input from many knowledgeable people. Honest to goodness, if a single man can cause all the fans to abandon ship, that is a sad state of affairs. What you are basically saying is, "Randy, let us pick the Manager…we know more than you, those who are advising you, those who are in the game and know the individuals, those who make a living recommending managers and players, etc. etc" Sorry, that just doesn`t seem right to me.

Again, I am not confirming the rumour…just simply stating my feelings…as a FAN!!!!!!!!"

What Krulak said few days before McLeish was confirmed:-

"I will say that the uproar over McLeish is absolutely uncalled for….he certainly has proved he can manage in the big leagues…just imagine what he could do if he was with an owner who supported him.

First off, NO ONE is confirming a rumour…I am just stating a belief. You all cling to the fact that he has seen his lads relegated twice…well, the first time he was not with the Club long enough to make much of a difference. Secondly, …look at the owners he has worked for and their support of him monetarily. Then look at Randy and what he provides to his Managers. Third, look at his record with other Clubs…as a Manager and player. Check with Sir Alex and ask him about the man…you will get an entirely different sense.

All I am saying is that the fact that he managed BCFC should not be the driving factor. Those fans who X the man out because he managed our biggest rival just seem to miss the point. YES, Randy and the Board understand the feelings of the Fans…we are neither deaf nor blind. At the same time, whether it would be this man or any other, we need to do what we think is right for the Club.

NO action is taken without HUGE input from many knowledgeable people. Honest to goodness, if a single man can cause all the fans to abandon ship, that is a sad state of affairs. What you are basically saying is, "Randy, let us pick the Manager…we know more than you, those who are advising you, those who are in the game and know the individuals, those who make a living recommending managers and players, etc. etc" Sorry, that just doesn`t seem right to me.

Again, I am not confirming the rumour…just simply stating my feelings…as a FAN!!!!!!!!"

That was laughable on so many levels. He hasn't got a clue about football, nevermind us.

I read a recent interview with Andre Villas Boas when he said that the most important thing for a manager was to give the fans entertaining football. He recognised that supporting a team is expensive and fans at least deserved to be entertained.

My one question is this .... Will we ever play entertaining football with Alex McLeish in charge?

Problem is, he will never win the fans over.

This was always going to be the case, which makes the appointment so mystifying!

The great majority are essentially waiting for him to lose his job!

I read a recent interview with Andre Villas Boas when he said that the most important thing for a manager was to give the fans entertaining football. He recognised that supporting a team is expensive and fans at least deserved to be entertained.

My one question is this .... Will we ever play entertaining football with Alex McLeish in charge?

Not unless he has a road to damascus type of conversion.

Â