McLeish - Yes / No / Unsure

Dodgyknees

McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure  

438 members have voted

1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

The revisionism regarding Houllier by some posters is ridiculous. He was a disaster from day one who never respected this club. He may have had decent ideas about how to play football but he lacked in almost every other department. How quickly that night at Anfield has been forgotten.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to bring all this up again as we had a full summer of it but Houllier had a blue-print and was building something and was finding out the trouble causers, the lazy ones who didn't care etc

Now when people say they didn't want him and now they are saying they don't want Mcleish it makes it look like we are the problem especially as many didn't want MON either. Like Barry Fry said: Who do they want?

A healthy Houllier would have been great for this club. For me those who deny this lack footballing knowledge and I can't take their opinion seriously.

Dream on. He disrespected the club and the fans from day one and his comments were so contradictory it was laughable.

Those lazy ones you refer to such as Dunne and Warnock have arguably been 2 of our better performers this season.

Houllier was a footballing dinosaur and for you to call loyal season ticket holders who stumped up hard earned cash year on year morons because they didn't buy into his outdated philosophy is nothing short of appalling.

A healthy Houllier would have been great for this club. For me those who deny this lack footballing knowledge and I can't take their opinion seriously.

Up there with one of KiwiVillan's anti-Gabby rants as one of the worst posts i've ever read.

Houllier was an absolute embarrassment for about 90% of his tenure and it's only down to the abysmal appointment of McLeish that we find ourselves having not markedly improved on the horror show that was last season.

I'll take Mcleish with gabby over houllier and gabby being sold.

I'd take a winning team without Gabby over a mediocre team with Gabby :winkold:

Was that the team that won the last 2 games without Houllier pitch side?

Or are you referring to the losing team that was perilously close to relegation when he was pitch side?

I don't want to bring all this up again as we had a full summer of it but Houllier had a blue-print and was building something and was finding out the trouble causers, the lazy ones who didn't care etc

Now when people say they didn't want him and now they are saying they don't want Mcleish it makes it look like we are the problem especially as many didn't want MON either. Like Barry Fry said: Who do they want?

Dream on. He disrespected the club and the fans from day one and his comments were so contradictory it was laughable.

Those lazy ones you refer to such as Dunne and Warnock have arguably been 2 of our better performers this season.

Houllier was a footballing dinosaur and for you to call loyal season ticket holders who stumped up hard earned cash year on year morons because they didn't buy into his outdated philosophy is nothing short of appalling.

The morons I tag as those who seemingly don't want any manager including MON. Every club have them, even us. I wouldn't go as far to say those who didn't want Houllier are morons, but I would say they lack footballing knowledge most certainly.

. He may have had decent ideas about how to play football but he lacked in almost every other department. How quickly that night at Anfield has been forgotten.

I'll take the ' decent ideas how to play football' at the expense of superficial and irrelevant PR gaffs.

You can't implement ideas if you alienate half the first team, piss the fans off from day one and decide not to bother with defensive drills. Houllier was well past his best and was not a right fit for Aston Villa.

Neither is McLeish, IMO.

The morons I tag as those who seemingly don't want any manager including MON. Every club have them, even us. I wouldn't go as far to say those who didn't want Houllier are morons, but I would say they lack footballing knowledge most certainly.

How very condescending of you

Come on folks, I thought we'd left this behind? Houllier's gone and has been for a long while. We're all united in that we want McLeish gone.

I agree, lets move on. This has been done to death.

MCLEISH OUT

Why doesn't Mcleish get any stick at games like Houllier did? I'm surprised he hasn't been getting more grief at games I think many fans are just meh at the moment.

The revisionism regarding Houllier by some posters is ridiculous. He was a disaster from day one who never respected this club. He may have had decent ideas about how to play football but he lacked in almost every other department. How quickly that night at Anfield has been forgotten.

That night at Anfield? what, did he kill someone? I seem to remember him having an emotional (for him) return to his old club, where the he acknowledged the Liverpool fans for singing his name. Just like the 8th-12th molehill, it was blown out of all proportion by the same pitchfork holders who are currently screaming about Petrov saying he supports Liverpool, or when MON said he was excited to see what Man City could do with their money.

The biggest thing I can't stand in football is not the results or performances. It's when managers throw away the towel before the match has begun. What is the point? Nothing good comes out of it. It just causes more pressue after and it backfires. MON did it in Moscow and then the season went downhill. Houllier did it in Eastlands and it got very ugly when he lost the 2 games after. Now McLeish has done it recently at White Hart Lane and he is following the same fate.

But the difference is MON and Houllier had some rather annoying excuses. MON's was basically to focus top 4 and Houllier's was to focus staying in the league. Wtf was McLeish's excuse? To keep the goal difference down? What a laughable joke.

Yeah, I don't know what the **** McLeish is playing at. I mean, what exactly is he throwing the league games for? Normally you throw the cup games in order to gain benefit in the league. He just seems to be throwing games for the sake of it.

Was that the team that won the last 2 games without Houllier pitch side?

Or are you referring to the losing team that was perilously close to relegation when he was pitch side?

He's probably talking about the team full of kids that scored 2 goals and almost (read: should have) got a result against ManUre at home last year.

Compare that to our last game.

Houllier made plenty of mistakes - some which defied belief (Anfield a good example, Man City in the cup another) - but his football style was superior to the dross we have seen under McLeish.

All that is immaterial though - he's not at the club any more and McLeish is. Here's hoping the phrase "former" applies to both of them when describing their managerial status at our club. And soon.

That night at Anfield? what, did he kill someone? I seem to remember him having an emotional (for him) return to his old club, where the he acknowledged the Liverpool fans for singing his name.

Too busy waving at the Kop to acknowledge our fans after that pitiful display and followed it up with, "If I was going to lose 3-0 to anyone, it would be Liverpool as I like Liverpool". Then he couldn't fathom why fans were pissed off.

That night at Anfield? what, did he kill someone? I seem to remember him having an emotional (for him) return to his old club, where the he acknowledged the Liverpool fans for singing his name.

Too busy waving at the Kop to acknowledge our fans after that pitiful display and followed it up with, "If I was going to lose 3-0 to anyone, it would be Liverpool as I like Liverpool". Then he couldn't fathom why fans were pissed off.

Maybe people don't care about it as much as you do. I certainly didn't. I was more concerned with the teams shocking display that night than any words or actions.

Â