Martin O'Neill

maqroll

I think Man United have genuinely got a hard on for Sunderland this weekend. That makes no sense to me (like if the title was decided somewhere else there'd be a polite ripple of applause and "bad luck lads"?) but great. 

Edited by jamdog

It's just Fergie with his advertising hat on imo.

Nah, he means it. Or even if he doesn't, that's some motivational game he's playing. It's what separates him and his sides from the rest. They'll go out to smash Sunderland tomorrow.

Of course there's always a chance they wont. If I was a betting man though, which I am, there's no way I'd put money on Sunderland. You shouldn't bet via "sods law" because it's rarely correct. Sunderland are absolute gash, Man United are in the winning zone, they'll want to smash records, they'll want to make a mockery of the City in particular by finishing as high above them as they possibly can and yes, I'm sure they'd **** love to win the title at the Etihad. 

Advertising or not that man knows the game and how to play it. 

Nah, he means it. Or even if he doesn't, that's some motivational game he's playing. It's what separates him and his sides from the rest. They'll go out to smash Sunderland tomorrow.

Of course there's always a chance they wont. If I was a betting man though, which I am, there's no way I'd put money on Sunderland. You shouldn't bet via "sods law" because it's rarely correct. Sunderland are absolute gash, Man United are in the winning zone, they'll want to smash records, they'll want to make a mockery of the City in particular by finishing as high above them as they possibly can and yes, I'm sure they'd **** love to win the title at the Etihad. 

I don't deny he's a very good manager and he knows how to use his press conferences and the media well... but this ('They celebrated Citeh winning, we'll remember that') is just rhetoric imo, building the game up more than anything. I don't think for a second Fergie is sending his team tomorrow with anything special on their minds - if they spank them, which they could well do, it'll be down to them just being a markedly better side than Sunderland have ever been, let alone the Sunderland side of today, not because he's got them fired up something special for this match.

I don't deny he's a very good manager and he knows how to use his press conferences and the media well... but this ('They celebrated Citeh winning, we'll remember that') is just rhetoric imo, building the game up more than anything. I don't think for a second Fergie is sending his team tomorrow with anything special on their minds - if they spank them, which they could well do, it'll be down to them just being a markedly better side than Sunderland have ever been, let alone the Sunderland side of today, not because he's got them fired up something special for this match.

Don't you think he always sends them out with "something special"? I don't know the ins and outs of his management style, which is perhaps surprising after all these years, but he doesn't strike me as an "another day at the office" kind of manager. 

I'm not suggesting they'll raise their game anymore tomorrow than they always do, but that this rubbish about them relaxing is just that. Besides which, since when do Man United need Ferguson to "advertise". Seriously. They and he are way beyond that. 

I think the quote "we won't forget that" is from the black-tie event immediately after City won the league. I believe Ferguson enjoys using these things to motivate his players (regardless of whether he personally believes any of it). He's promised to play a strong side today anyway.

Adam Johnson, right now he's looking like a massive hype job. Is it another case of a shit O'neill signing?

he was never anything at City, fact they replaced him with Scott Sinclair shows the level City regarded him as. Except Arjen Robben ive never seen a more predictable winger

when sunderland signed him i think half the prem would have been happy to have him, including most of our own fans, always been a massive hype job IMO he's the new SWP, at the moment mclean on the other side doesnt look much better

think that works against MON, is he overrated and a shit signing (IMO yes) or is it a case of MON not getting the most out of him because he uses shit tactics (he was all about wingers here so that doesnt seem right)

Â