Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Ad, gonna give it to you straight bud

I did my nursing training and I'm afraid the time aspect is something either she will have to work around or you will have to put up with as your own time becomes less and less as the course goes on and placements become more frequent. There is a hell of a lot of work involved with studying, placements, assignments, exams etc....

IF you can put up with that then at the end when she passes things will be better and you'll have more money coming in jointly. If its something you won't be able to put up with for a few years then it's something you need to discuss and fingers crossed you will sort something out.

Just carry on as you are, as in, trying to get involved, helping out etc... Being there when she has got time for you will mean a lot to her.

Either she will make time for you around everything else or things will be hard unless you know it's something you can put up with knowing after her training things will be fantastic again.

Some minor advice needed peeps

Met a girl on a training course this week that im really getting on with and I think she likes me, not 100% sure though.

The whole group is going for a drink in moseley after our last day on friday so ill ask her out then (so if she says no i'll probably never have to see her again)

Just wondering whether to add her on facebook now as im impatient or just wait until after friday? Is it weird to add someone youve hardly known for 2 or 3 days or am I over thinking as usual?

Ingram, I'd say don't look too much into it, but personally I would wait to see how it goes when you ask her out before adding her on facebook. You do not want to seem too keen at first, so just play it cool until Friday and get to know her better in the process.

Don't add her on facebook yet, just wait until you have met her again first. Oh and make sure your page is looking on point, she will be scoping that **** closely.

Yeah ive just spring cleaned it so it screams 'Potential boyfriend I can relate to but is still an individual'. Which basically means ive hidden the scantily clad pics of Victoria Pendleton and hidden any moaning statuses.

I was gonna add her as ive spent all day, all week with her and will be spending the rest of the week with her too as we are both on the same 5 day course. All about restraining patients. Guess who is my restraint partner 8)

Ingram, I'd say don't look too much into it, but personally I would wait to see how it goes when you ask her out before adding her on facebook. You do not want to seem too keen at first, so just play it cool until Friday and get to know her better in the process.

Im trying not too but a few people on the course have mentioned we seem to be getting on rather well.

Yeah ill just see how friday goes i guess then..

As others said mate, play it cool and leave the Facebook add until after you see her again. I know it's a massive cliché but the majority of women really do love to not know where they stand, especially at the start of a potential relationship. Keeps it exciting for longer and stuff. Just make sure you're all manly and strong when you're both restraining patients, yet sensitive at the same time.

See, people make fun of male nurses but what better way to spend your day than chatting up hot young nurses? I envy you.

Sorry mate, but it sounds to me like at the first sign of trouble you're thinking of getting out...

You think this is the first sign of trouble? We have had death threats, racist abuse with her kid, her marital home being repossessed, her ex track her down, her mum being rushed into hospital etc....not even close.

I have to say credit to you for going through all that and still being there. After going through all that **** I would be like 'do I really need all this in my life'. But I guess some people have a thicker skin then me.

I think you should see how things go over the next few weeks, if the situation does not improve then its time to possibly move on, no matter how special she is. You only get one life and if you are not happy then its time whatever it takes to make yourself happy.

Incidentally I had issues with my partners ex trying to get back in, do you remember that thread? How did you deal with it? Death threats for what? and finally racial abuse, what is the situation there?

See, people make fun of male nurses but what better way to spend your day than chatting up hot young nurses? I envy you.

This. Almost all of the nurses I know personally are sooooo fit! If I was choosing a profession to meet fit women, I would be a nurse.

Sorry mate, but it sounds to me like at the first sign of trouble you're thinking of getting out...

You think this is the first sign of trouble? We have had death threats, racist abuse with her kid, her marital home being repossessed, her ex track her down, her mum being rushed into hospital etc....not even close.

I have to say credit to you for going through all that and still being there. After going through all that **** I would be like 'do I really need all this in my life'. But I guess some people have a thicker skin then me.

I think you should see how things go over the next few weeks, if the situation does not improve then its time to possibly move on, no matter how special she is. You only get one life and if you are not happy then its time whatever it takes to make yourself happy.

Incidentally I had issues with my partners ex trying to get back in, do you remember that thread? How did you deal with it? Death threats for what? and finally racial abuse, what is the situation there?

Spoke with her a bit more last night and we are both gonna make a concerted effort to support each other more and make time for each other. I guess we will see if that happens over the coming weeks.

Most of the stuff I treated with the attention it deserved...none! The death threats were to burn her flat to the ground with us all (inc his child) in it. That was reported to the police and added to the domestic violence file. Thankfully due to debts plus the DV it seems he has now left the country.

Racist abuse for the son was on the streets. comments, looks, shouted at by blokes one incident of spitting that missed etc.

Lost my rag on the spit but the other ones I just shake my head at the people as they are uneducated idiots. Also dont want to show the kid that confrontation is the answer.

Â