Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

My friend has looked like he was about 100 from the day I met him when he was 18. So we used the film as a frame to tell stories about his life. He also looks like Steve Staunton, Neil Jenkins, Will Ferrel and Andrew Marr so we had posters going round the room of him getting progressively younger through the speech. It was supposed to be the nice bit because it ended up with his wife getting Brad Pitt. It was the sugar to take the sting away from the game show which may have involved more than one story about him being caught masterbating and a crazy night where he had his arsehole torn open by a particularly vicious wedgie. 

Trouble is those were the tame stories there were much worse ones we had to leave out in the final edit. 

:lol:  

I like that.  

When it came to tommy tanking, I merely suggested it for Rob182's by saying myself and paddywhack went into the school library and saw him sitting at the back looking at a book on Africa and he was looking at a naked African lady and he has some tissue in his sleeve - so that's a nice lie isn't it? 

I also said that we asked him to be in our gang and he said yea, and to celebrate him joining I offered him some dairylea dunkers, which he liked but said his favourite savoury snack was quavers. 

I said that he used to cellotape his eyes to make himself look more like Jackie Chan when he watched his films. 

• Haha 1

Just now, lapal_fan said:

:lol:  

I like that.  

When it came to tommy tanking, I merely suggested it for Rob182's by saying myself and paddywhack went into the school library and saw him sitting at the back looking at a book on Africa and he was looking at a naked African lady and he has some tissue in his sleeve - so that's a nice lie isn't it? 

I also said that we asked him to be in our gang and he said yea, and to celebrate him joining I offered him some dairylea dunkers, which he liked but said his favourite savoury snack was quavers. 

I said that he used to cellotape his eyes to make himself look more like Jackie Chan when he watched his films. 

None of it being true of course.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's been like a whirlwind this week.  Not been this angry and jealous for years. 

I knew it was going too well...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Which is good..?

Brilliant 

because of me being 100% clean of everything old thoughts and emotions that I've been burying with booze and drugs have appeared again. I noticed at the start of the week that I was feeling really insecure, jealous, and angry. I'm not on about being a bit angry, I mean really angry where I frightened my missus when we had a few words the other night. It's like going back to when we first got together, and I was so insecure, and thought I wasn't good enough for her, and that it was only a matter of time before she left me. I've been feeling exactly like that this week and it's hit me for six. The sober sex is better than it has been for years and again is like going back to when we first met. It's as if I've travelled back years to how I used to be. Back then my insecurities and jealousy would make me controlling and abusive. Now I'm not going to start hitting her again, that ship passed years ago, but I've found myself more controlling than is healthy. I knew there was something up the other night, but she wouldn't say what it was and just said she was tired. Anyway, we had a big row and then the following day she admitted that she's been questioning us as a couple. Obviously in my head that made me feel more insecure and we spent most of the week hardly talking or seeing each other. We made up last night and had a talk. She's free of drink and has been for a few weeks, so she's actually seeing things clearly for the first time in a while. Obviously we might get further down the line where we are both sober and me clean of drugs and find that we don't really want to be with each other, which is scary. Our relationship has always been based on drink and drugs, although she calmed it down before I did. I suppose we've never really been together sober and happy, so it's all new to us at the moment. 

Ive always been an angry person and used drink and drugs to mask it. The rage I've felt this week has been awful and I knew just one drink would  cure it, but I'm in such a strong place that I'm not giving into it this time. Things from the past are bothering us both again, which yet again have been hidden away with drink and drugs. Things I thought I'd forgotten about have re surfaced. I'm good today, but it's been a bad week emotionally. I knew it weren't going to be easy, but it just came from nowhere. I'm no good at arguing at the best of times as I get irate easily, but I feel bad for scaring her the other night. I weren't threatening her, I was just effing and blinding at her with a bit more anger than I normally do. Sex cured the problem yesterday and we've moved on with it today, so hopefully we can out that week behind us.  I just thought my jealousy days were over now I've got older. 

• Like 1

Rugely, I'm not an expert but I have some experience, it sounds to me that you could benefit from counselling. 

It may not be a particularly pleasant experience to start off with, as it'll mean confronting the things that make you feel the way you do. 

You've got clean, which is an incredible step and shows that you're willing to challenge yourself to get better. You need to look after yourself, if you don't then how are you going to look after anyone else?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Rugely, I'm not an expert but I have some experience, it sounds to me that you could benefit from counselling. 

It may not be a particularly pleasant experience to start off with, as it'll mean confronting the things that make you feel the way you do. 

You've got clean, which is an incredible step and shows that you're willing to challenge yourself to get better. You need to look after yourself, if you don't then how are you going to look after anyone else?

My wife thinks the same. Infact she's admitted she needs counselling too. I've been diagnosed with cocaine psychosis in the past and I've recently been told by someone with a lot of experience on the subject, that he thinks I'm still suffering with some form of it. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

@Rugeley Villa this might be a pathetic, way off the mark suggestion but do you think getting your teeth in to a new hobby together could help you, either as a family or just as a couple?

Just something to take your mind off things and get hooked on, doing something positive together. Something like bouldering or going running together?

I've little experience of what you're going through, but I'm guessing that whilst quitting coke is a fantastic thing to do, it's left a hole in your life. Fill it with something else fun!

Please feel free to tell me to f off, I have no idea what I'm talking about :D

Just take the plunge Ruge. Seriously look into counselling and make the effort to make (another) positive change.

Also, don't take @Paddywhack's advice. Since he's started running every night and weekend, I've porked his wife about 12 times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â