Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

To be brutally honest RV, if I had children with somebody, I wouldn't want anybody who does cocaine anywhere near them, never mind give them the chances your missus has given you.

Think about what's more important to you. Your family or the white stuff.

• Like 1

To be brutally honest RV, if I had children with somebody, I wouldn't want anybody who does cocaine anywhere near them, never mind give them the chances your missus has given you.

i agree stefan but im an addict and its just not that simple. anyone whos been addicted to substance or alcohol will probably get it. my kids mean more to me than anything hence why im trying to stop again and hence why im doing one or two other things to try and help myself. 

I don't to speak on behalf of RV, but more generally, but sometimes it isn't that simple.

i will move this to the drugs thread as the last 6 or 7 months has been really bad in terms of my using is concerned. im ashamed of some of the things that have happend recently but i like to be as open as i can and not paint myself to be something i aint so it might be an interesting read for some and it will probably put some people off me but ay shit happens.

I can't relate to addiction, but I can sympathise. I'm sure it's not easy, even when you know what's at stake, but you realise you HAVE to beat this or you will lose everything.

Have you looked into getting help? I'm no expert but surely reaching out to others is better than trying to beat it cold turkey on your own.

I can't relate to addiction, but I can sympathise. I'm sure it's not easy, even when you know what's at stake, but you realise you HAVE to beat this or you will lose everything.

Have you looked into getting help? I'm no expert but surely reaching out to others is better than trying to beat it cold turkey on your own.

This is exactly what I mean. I'm not going to pretend it's simple.

Thoughts with you big man.

• Like 1

'Doing cocaine' is a bit different to be addicted for the record.

The point still stands. Doesn't mean I think any less of RV or anything. As Ginks said, he needs to beat this or he could potentially lose everything. That's the most important thing.

Edited by StefanAVFC

The point still stands. Doesn't mean I think any less of RV or anything. As Ginks said, he needs to beat this or he could potentially lose everything. That's the most important thing.

I understand that RV's situation is more extreme but dabbling in coke doesn't make you a bad father by default.

I understand that RV's situation is more extreme but dabbling in coke doesn't make you a bad father by default.

And again, I didn't say that. If it was inferred that way then I apologise. I was giving my own personal opinion. I'm sure RV is a wonderful father and the way he talks about his kids, you can tell he loves them a tonne. Which is hopefully more motivation :)

• Like 2

I've been separated from my wife for 3 months now after a year of her taking the piss and being on the piss. I see my 8yr old son a few days a week now.

Really struggling to get over it and think about her all the time (even though I was a doormat for her). I even have a **** buddy on the go, but she has turned out to be a nutter, so that's another heap of shite playing with my head.

Anyone else been through a separation/divorce with a child involved? Any tips on getting on with your life and not looking at the past all the time?

Cheers!

I've been separated from my wife for 3 months now after a year of her taking the piss and being on the piss. I see my 8yr old son a few days a week now.

Really struggling to get over it and think about her all the time (even though I was a doormat for her). I even have a **** buddy on the go, but she has turned out to be a nutter, so that's another heap of shite playing with my head.

Anyone else been through a separation/divorce with a child involved? Any tips on getting on with your life and not looking at the past all the time?

Cheers!

I feel for you man, I'm in a similar situation myself at the moment and am finding it a real head melter so unfortunately can't offer you any good advice but all I can say is just make everything good with your kid as he is your real family and will be a bigger part of your future than some selfish woman that probably can't see past her nose.

I even have a **** buddy on the go, but she has turned out to be a nutter, so that's another heap of shite playing with my head.

In my experience, the majority of women who go for this sort of thing are crackers. Get rid, soonest.

As for the other stuff, I have little to offer as I've never been in that place but I'm sure time will make it more manageable eventually.

VT is 100% the best place to get your advice though. ;)

Cheers!

I'm no expert as most women end up hating me but i've bolded the key parts of your post - without wanting to sound harsh, you need to stop pining for someone who is treating you like a doormat. Accept the good times are gone and try to move on with your life. Its tough, it really is, but while you are still thinking of her nothing will improve.

As for the **** buddy - as choffer said, most women up for that probably have 'issues'. I've experienced it first hand. If the confession thread hadn't been canned i have some right crackers for that. Anyway, I digress, all the best dude  :)

I think it's important for Xela that we all offer him the support and the space to talk through his issues with mad **** buddies.

We're here for you pal!

For Stuart and Bunnski, it's a long game for you guys eventually. Don't try and win, just be there nice n steady long term and let the kids work out what's what for themselves. They will get it if you're as good a dad as you're allowed. Oh, and from experience of someone this week, no matter how in the right you are, don't swear at an officious official on the phone when trying to find info on your kids that you're entitled to. It'll only cause you a delay and days of hassle, because swearing over the phone at Diane in council admin is a much more serious crime than your nippers changing schools without your knowledge.

• Like 1

Â