Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

It's all down to the coke mate. Stay off that and everything else will recover.

I was in your type of area saturday night davey boy. Handy Joe's Tiki Bar ring a bell? Full of well weird people. Soho I believe. Was there for step daughters birthday do after a vegetarian meal. Bloody hippies eh? :)

Show her instead. Stay clean.

Rob - do I strike you as a man that knocks about down Carnaby Street then? I'm taking that as a compliment! I am in the process of growing a beard (hipsters not hippies grandad...)

I just know you live around there "somewhere" :)

Missus' daughter got a job teaching in Lambeth. I've been twice now but it's a **** horrible drive even though it's only 115 miles

And yeah I meant hipsters :)

• 3 weeks later...

As VT is a great place to put your misery, experiences and weirdness - here is my pennies worth for last six months.  

The Mrs who I had been with for around 7 years and married 2 years ago was doing the old dirty on me earlier in the year and has left the house and divorce is underway. Unfortunately or fortunately forgiveness was not an option for me given the goings on which consisted of some work colleagues, a letter to me explaining to me what had been going on a Tuesday morning before work in February and a soap story to our friends that pinned blame on me. I've kept quiet and just got on with it although obviously I've been a mixed bag of anger and hurt. DHUTWU was not a factor in the relationship but I still expect the inquisition. :D. However, it may have been in her extra marital activities but I haven't asked. 

Anyway, about a month back I decided to get myself back on wagon and entertain the dating scene. I am quite busy so I 'thrust' myself upon the dating site POF largely because it was free and as it was more of a trial of internet dating, it was the best option. I was using it as well for a confidence boost given the marriage breakdown and that has worked I somewhat. The only problem was that it is like a minefield and has its fair share of nutters / nympho's. I've really never been someone who would just nip out to get my end away more focusing on building relations.

The first girl I went out with was just that but luckily managed to get out of that. Anyway, further down the line, I got chatting to another woman and since we have been out twice and talked everyday for the past three to four weeks. She seems perfectly normal and I like her but I'm a little concerned because I am definitely punching above my weight if looks are what we all go on - she is absolutely stunning. In terms of professional lives I have a few years on her and have got on a little more but she seems to have her head screwed on. It's all just a big whirlwind at the minute and I have removed myself from POF as this girl hinted at being on it was a little impersonal which I think was fair enough. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Am I a bit gung-ho given the years current goings on?                    

Go for it! You sound like you really like her and don't think about stuff like 'punching above your weight' or anything like that - she likes you and that is all that matters. Women are generally less shallow than men anyway!  :)

Â