Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I don't mind marriage - I'm engaged. Just don't want hundreds of people at a gathering. Me no likey. So been putting it off.

If we could go to Gretna on our own I'd be married already.

you mean to say you would not invite the villa talk gang

Whats the difference though? You've been together 4 years, you've got 2 kids, you live together. You are already married. You just don't have the bit of paper to prove it.

I can't see what the additional commitment is that you are so opposed to?

Maybe it's because you get married, have sex on your wedding night, then neeeeeeeever have sex again by default.

bloody hell mate we hardly had sex anyway let alone if we got married

I don't mind marriage - I'm engaged. Just don't want hundreds of people at a gathering. Me no likey. So been putting it off.

If we could go to Gretna on our own I'd be married already.

you mean to say you would not invite the villa talk gang

Whats the difference though? You've been together 4 years, you've got 2 kids, you live together. You are already married. You just don't have the bit of paper to prove it.

trust
  • Like 1

You proposed mid DHUTWU didnt you Rob?

I don't do naughty things like that.

;)

In a way, you've said it already for him. They're living together and have two kids, so why do they need the extra piece of paper to prove commitment?

Rugeley, would she be willing to do a quick cheap ceremony down at the registry office or does she want the whole shebang?

So the missus has been talking marriage. Just in general I think (I hope!). If I was Indian we would have been married ages ago where as im laid back and would quite happily give it a couple of years yet but out of respect for her & her parents I thought I'd compromise and give it a year or a bit longer.

I'm thinking by her birthday this year we will have been going out for approx a year and a half. Its going down that road anyway (unless Jenny is leaving it to the last minute to knock at my door!) but is it too soon?

Its weird, in her culture we would be married ages ago but normally, people take what? 2-3 years or even longer to ask?

I am a tad confused. I'm not even sure in what context she brought it up.

Edited by Ingram85

In a way, you've said it already for him. They're living together and have two kids, so why do they need the extra piece of paper to prove commitment?

Rugeley, would she be willing to do a quick cheap ceremony down at the registry office or does she want the whole shebang?

the full hogg mate, thousands

Maybe it's because you get married, have sex on your wedding night, then neeeeeeeever have sex again by default.

It doesn't have to be like that though, does it? Find the right one and there's no reason not to be still getting it 2 to 5 times per week after 20 years of marriage.

• Like 1

It doesn't have to be like that though, does it? Find the right one and there's no reason not to be still getting it 2 to 5 times per week after 20 years of marriage.

Correct ;)

So the missus has been talking marriage. Just in general I think (I hope!). If I was Indian we would have been married ages ago where as im laid back and would quite happily give it a couple of years yet but out of respect for her & her parents I thought I'd compromise and give it a year or a bit longer.

I'm thinking by her birthday this year we will have been going out for approx a year and a half. Its going down that road anyway (unless Jenny is leaving it to the last minute to knock at my door!) but is it too soon?

Its weird, in her culture we would be married ages ago but normally, people take what? 2-3 years or even longer to ask?

I am a tad confused. I'm not even sure in what context she brought it up.

6 years together before we got married including 1 year of jointly owning a house

then about another 4 or 5 years before we seriously considered making the little babies

I consider that a fair innings

Â