Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

My question / need for advice is:

Did i do the right thing with giving this another (third) go?

And will my feelings of fear / jealousy fade over time as our relationship grows?

First question, yes, I think you did.

Second question, in my opinion that shit is never worth worrying about. If you're scared/jealous then maybe she's not right for you?

My opinion has always been let her do what she wants. If she cheats on you or whatever then she's a prick anyway so just let her go.

Obsessing and being jealous over your gf never looks good. You never hear anyone say "Aww he's so overprotective and paranoid about his gf, that's so nice"

I say, give it a go. Chill out. If it works, great. If she **** you over then YOU be the one to end it and get on with your life.

• Like 1

I kind of what I should do, I have enough experience in the dating game at 26, but let me give you the scenario anyway.

About 9 months ago I got a cute Indian girls number outside House of Fraser, next to the Colmore Business District, those of you from Brum will know where I'm on about. But she barely text back and rarely picked up the phone when I rang when I was trying to get with her. Claiming she was busy etc. So I deleted her number, and deleted her off my facebook. I didn't send any abusive texts or anything like that, I just deleted the number. Tonight out of the blue she has text me saying 'sorry for ignoring your text etc etc'  Because I did not have her number anymore, I did not know who it was, so I was shocked when I asked who it was to discover it was her. She's now telling me shes back in Birmingham from Leicester uni for the summer, saying 'I'm only trying to be nice and things of that nature.

In that scenario would you talk/text back to her, ignore her or something else?

Don't really see any reason why you wouldn't text her back to be honest.

Plus you've got the upper hand now.

Stevo show us a pic of the one you were out with last weekend and maybe I'll oblige.  :)

y04e.jpg

Your move...

That is blatantly you in a wig and no 5 oclock shadow. 

o50o.jpg

Still would though. 

Edited by Eames

I kind of what I should do, I have enough experience in the dating game at 26, but let me give you the scenario anyway.

About 9 months ago I got a cute Indian girls number outside House of Fraser, next to the Colmore Business District, those of you from Brum will know where I'm on about. But she barely text back and rarely picked up the phone when I rang when I was trying to get with her. Claiming she was busy etc. So I deleted her number, and deleted her off my facebook. I didn't send any abusive texts or anything like that, I just deleted the number. Tonight out of the blue she has text me saying 'sorry for ignoring your text etc etc'  Because I did not have her number anymore, I did not know who it was, so I was shocked when I asked who it was to discover it was her. She's now telling me shes back in Birmingham from Leicester uni for the summer, saying 'I'm only trying to be nice and things of that nature.

In that scenario would you talk/text back to her, ignore her or something else?

Third vote for sacking this off. As you have said, you know what to do. She's ignored you and you've moved on. She's now seeing if jerking the string will move you about and will just see how far and for how long she can do it if you.

If you allow it you'll be her ego's summer holiday entertainment as she plays you for a clearing in the woods then she'll ignore you again. Do yourself a favour.

My question / need for advice is:

Did i do the right thing with giving this another (third) go?

And will my feelings of fear / jealousy fade over time as our relationship grows?

First question, yes, I think you did.

Second question, in my opinion that shit is never worth worrying about. If you're scared/jealous then maybe she's not right for you?

My opinion has always been let her do what she wants. If she cheats on you or whatever then she's a prick anyway so just let her go.

Obsessing and being jealous over your gf never looks good. You never hear anyone say "Aww he's so overprotective and paranoid about his gf, that's so nice"

I say, give it a go. Chill out. If it works, great. If she **** you over then YOU be the one to end it and get on with your life.

Cheers for the advice. This is kinda what of what i was thinking. I do trust her and she is always honest with me. I don't try and stop her going out or having fun and over time my stupid feelings get less and less. What happened did hurt and i guess when i fully get over that these feelings will stop too. 

On a serious note....baked goods and lingerie? 

She's a keeper. 

Holy shit, I didn't even realise that was a victoria secrets bag :)

I thought she'd sent me the pic because of the "Ben's Cookies" bag...

• Like 1

She's a keeper. 

You dopey bastard. :lol: 

She's a keeper. 

You dopey bastard. :lol:

Haha, did you reply, "can't wait to get stuck into those" or "my mouth is watering already" if you did, you might have gotten away with it :lol:

• Like 1

Â