Steve Bruce Sacked (Merged)

TheDrums

MON is a certainty surely? After all, he's a boyhood fan of the team. Let them have plenty more average players on inflated length contracts.

Hes looked a cert for many jobs, West Ham, Leicester, Newcastle, Fulham - don't forget he turned down Boro because he didn't want to travel to the north east, prior to saying yes to villa.

I cant imagine when he quit villa - he thought he would be out of work for so long, and that his best offer (if indeed it comes) would be sunderland.

In terms of acheivement Mark Hughes comes close, is younger and probably will have less demands in terms of money for players.

I can't help feeling MON is going the way of george graham - who was strongly linked with loads of jobs - but never got any - and never returned to management.

As I said before, O'Neill's return to VP will be very spicy. We've got to think of some abusive chants.

Why ?

Because he's a word removed and we're pretty good at coming up with chants.

He's a word removed?

Perhapsn you haven't looked at the players that left since he did, or in fact, the league position since he did.

Theres only one word removed here, its not him, and it's not me. I can only imagine from contiunual sniping of one of the better managers we've had since your parents were born, that he must have fondled you at church or something, because your demented critisism is becoming irational. You critisised the style of football. Well, have you seen a single game since he left, because frankly, it's getting worse. Remeber 3 years ago or so, that night we beat spurzz at WHL, playing them off the park, Young looking fantastic down the right. and did you see us playing spurs last week.

Get over it mate - your wax cylinder is broken. I'd have O'Neill back in a hearbeat over the ginger clearing in the woods or the french word removed.

The big problem is Lerner lost his bottle, did an Abramovich about the team in terms of making demands on squads,wages, and the man who was putting it together walked. If we'd bought Bent 1 season earlier, we would be in the top 4 now, with ability to pull inplayers we wanted.

A great result for me I had £20 on him at 6/1 to be first manager out of a job this season shortly after the Gyan business. I thought Keen was going to do me out of a nice win but thanks to the Venky's I'm quids in. Idiots.

I've just lumped the winnings on rather crap odds on O'Neill... double or quits.

No surprise Bruce got the push.

Sunderland job is a good job for whoever gets it. They have a big passionate following and the potential to fill their 49k ground. A good history although much of their success was pre WWII.

The major issue with Sunderland is location and getting players to go up there.

They certainly have the potential to be a top 6/7 club with the right manager.

Â