Look at me Mum, I'm on telly!

GarethRDR

Can't believe I forgot my TV highlight!!

After the 2003 Rugby World cup Final, me and a few mates were fimled celebrating outside of Walkabout on Broad street. No big deal.

But then on New YEars Eve a few weeks later, ITV showed a 5 minute-ish montage of their best moments of 2003.

The penultimate moment was Johnny Wilkinson kicking the winning drop goal and England lifting the world cup. But the very last thing they showed (and therefore the greatest TV moment of 2003 ;) )was me and my mates celebrating like idiots outside of walkabout!

Proud!

Not me but girlfriend showed me a youtube clip of her on Celebrity Scissor Hands showing Zammo of Grange Hill fame how to do a sack back and crack

Okay, now you know we need that link. :)

EDIT:

I was on Pop Idol.

In the audience, or getting torn to shreds by Dr Fox?

Audition, I did ok and got through 4 rounds but they told me I was too nervous and would be better off in a band. Afterwards the producers gaveme a heads up about popstars the rivals and asked me to audition for that but never bothered going :(

I was on Pop Idol.

In the audience, or getting torn to shreds by Dr Fox?

Audition, I did ok and got through 4 rounds but they told me I was too nervous and would be better off in a band. Afterwards the producers gaveme a heads up about popstars the rivals and asked me to audition for that but never bothered going :(

must be your Mrs as well then?

I'm watching it with no sound, but people find her very funny! lol. She's a pretty laydee.

Yeh them are the ones though she was told to stop being funny as Lee was moaning about her getting more air time hence the sarcastic "I think we are getting on quite well" line :lol:

few glimpses on MOTD but I was on an episode of "Angry Britain"

one of my team mates was the focus of it but i can be seen on the football pitch and also in the pub after the game

( they came along to film us training and had various conversations with my mate about what I'd like to do to the sound girl who was dead cute .. yep , you guessed it he was wired up unbeknown to me ... still would though)

I got interviewed by BMRB or someone when I went to see Villa play in Ostrava years back .. the presenter interviewed about 4 of us at Brum airport and as it turned out not one of us was a brummie , so he swore a bit and said I can't put out an interview with 4 bloody cockneys on it and went off to find some more people

Central News in my fourth year at King Edwards Handsworth Girls. Our attention-seeking headmistress had invited local news as we'd had a charity leapfrog (seriously). For some reason, I was the one chosen for her to leapfrog. She was about 4'2" and 13 stone, so despite me crouching as low as possible, I made my TV debut being kicked in the head by my school headmistress.

Zammo of Grange Hill fame

In one of those surreal moments of my life (it must have been 20 years ago now ) I was in a nightclub and bumped into him and pogo Patterson in the toilets ... Someone was passing out Amyl nitrate and we all had a sniff whilst singing "just say no "

My only "drug" experience to date :oops:

Â