Non-League Footy

hogso

Stunning weekend.

Four years ago the Welsh FA and the club owner tried to close down the club. The fans wouldn't have it, took them to court and won. Won the right to be in the league and won the ownership of the club.

Four years on we won the Div 3 championship and the FA had to present us with the trophy. Then we won the Div 2 championship and the FA had to present us with the trophy. This weekend, already promoted, we've just won the Division 1 championship. Trophy to be presented at next week's home game.

Meantime, here's our academy kids forming a welcome party for the Champions League Trophy arriving at the airport.

Then Gabby goes and scores a winner against the blues.

Stunning weekend.

• Like 3

Want to tick a few more grounds off next season.

Dulwich Hamlet being one. Also been invited up to Blyth Spartans for a game. 

• 3 months later...

New season, new ground tick - Brackley Town FC 

They played FCUM and won 2-1. It was a 2-1 battering, should have been much more.

Sun stayed out as well, which was nice! 

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

New season, new ground tick - Brackley Town FC 

They played FCUM and won 2-1. It was a 2-1 battering, should have been much more.

Sun stayed out as well, which was nice! 

I went over that way a couple of weeks ago to watch my lot play a friendly against their development side. Nice set-up.

• Like 1

First game of the season for Barry today, back in the big time (well, Welsh Prem).

It'll be a tough season, budgets mean we're probably one of four teams fighting to avoid the two relegation spots. Today was a home game against Aberystwyth, likely one of the relegation contenders.

We drew 1:1 which was a brilliant result for first game back. Only slightly soured by TV replays showing their 'goal' didn't cross the line. Saying that, the absolute grief we gave the linesman and the ref for that is probably what caused them not to give Aber what looked a clear penalty in the closing couple of minutes.

Such is the luck that makes or breaks a season right there on week one. 

DHI2mIaXcAAOZlp.jpg

and that's as close to the over the line as their goal got, with our goalie taking two kicks to the chest

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

One of our pre-season opponents have had a truly Jeckyll & Hyde start to the season

AFC Telford

Home form: P5 W0 D0 L5 GF5 GA17 - PTS 0
Away form: P5 W4 D0 L1 GF7 GA1 - PTS 12

Absolutely dogshit at home, 17 goals conceeded in 5 games, 3 down by half time on multiple occasions and 0 points.

Away from home they have beaten York & Darlington amongst others, conceeded once and this was in their only defeat.

The away games on paper have probably been a bit tougher.

No real change of players/tactics other than the odd injury/new signing. Just completely inept at home and almost perfect away

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Off to scout for my club today at Solihull Moors vs Tranmere Rovers today in the FA Buildwise Cup 1st Round.  Should be a good match as never been to a Solihull Moors game before so i'm really looking forward to it.

Edited by Villan4Life

• 2 weeks later...

We invited a bunch of ex players and managers to our game yesterday and a whole bunch of them turned up. But not only turned up, came and stood with us at the back of the stand and we all had a right good laugh.

Shouted, sang and jumped up and down for the full duration of the game and we won 4:0.

Have to say, to basically pogo on concrete, wearing a thin pair of daps, has all but crippled me today. Absolutely hobbling around the place. Wouldn't have missed it for the world, best day of the year.

Ummed and aaahed with a pal about going to Spennymoor v FC United of Manchester yesterday and in the end gave it a miss - drive there would have been 3 hours each way. Game finished 4-4! Wish I'd made the effort! 

yeah, we've got a weird split happens in our league in the new year.

Bottom 6 turns in to a mini league for 2 relegation spots. Top 6 turns in to a mini league for 2 european spots.

We're currently 7th, so top of the relegation battle group, 2 points off 6th with 3 games to play.

• 2 months later...
Â