Non-League Footy

hogso

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

So yeah how are Nuneaton doing nowadays....:)

5th in the National League North. Not too bad

I'll probably go along to the playoffs if they make it. The Griff are doing well too, more local for me aswell. Should be promoted from the Midland League Division One (level 10) this season. 

30 minutes ago, hogso said:

I'll probably go along to the playoffs if they make it. The Griff are doing well too, more local for me aswell. Should be promoted from the Midland League Division One (level 10) this season. 

As long as they keep Coventry United where they are they're alright by me.

31 minutes ago, hogso said:

Not if Bromsgrove Sporting can help it!

Admittedly the 4-0 loss didn't help!

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Went to the Grove yesterday to watch Halesowen win the number 9 derby. 2000+ there, good attendance.

What was the score bud?

Was meant to be going myself, but got dragged into something else.

• 2 weeks later...

Stafford Rangers could clinch promotion to the evostik premier this weekend if they better Shaw Lanes result. Think it may be a trip along to drink in that atmosphere. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another non league 'ground tick' today... Gainsborough Trinity FC v FC United of Manchester.

Sunshine, cheap beer in the supporters club and a reasonable game, if a little end of season sloppiness. Tell you what though, you don't have see some characters at non league games. I could go there purely to people watch!

• 10 months later...

Alfreton yesterday... been there before buts it's not too far up the road. Been to about a dozen new grounds in the last 12 months or so. 

Non league football has definitely revitalised my interest in the beautiful game. As I said in my last post, some right  characters there! 

• Like 4

Took in a local game today as it was sunny. Went to watch Sutton Coldfield Town take on Barwell.

Big game for the 'Royals' as they are in a relegation scrap. Good game in the end and after conceding a goal on the stroke of half time, Sutton came out and looked a lot sharper after the break and ran out 2-1 winners, with the winning goal in the 88th minute. 

The Royals live another day! 

p.s I love the main stand below.

1247688_a9835373.jpg

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Took in a local game today as it was sunny. Went to watch Sutton Coldfield Town take on Barwell.

Big game for the 'Royals' as they are in a relegation scrap. Good game in the end and after conceding a goal on the stroke of half time, Sutton came out and looked a lot sharper after the break and ran out 2-1 winners, with the winning goal in the 88th minute. 

1247688_a9835373.jpg

Used to live on Coles lane when I was a kid and went to the judo club in the corner of the ground. 

That stand has been there for as long as I remember. 

Sutton towns a nice club, decent clubhouse too if I recall. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

1247688_a9835373.jpg

Played a pre season game there this season, very good pitch for a 4g

30 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Played a pre season game there this season, very good pitch for a 4g

The pitch did look good considering the amount of usage it gets (Sutton, Romulus, Villa Ladies)

Â