Non-League Footy

hogso

programme cover for the next home game in a fortnight's time...

33539343901_a5f237d601.jpg

people with a connection to the town and the football ground, from current players, ex players, a few regular supporters, Buffalo Bill, daleks, David Hughes (ex manager/ex Villa), Noddy Holder...

something to get the locals working out who's missing (there's enough missing for a second similar cover)

I think I've mentioned it before, but we appear to have tapped in to the dark world of football programme collectors. It's a modest earner, but every pound helps.

• Like 2

I went to watch Warrington Town vs Hednesford on Saturday.

Forgot how much fun watching football can be when you don't get ordered about by some tit in a high-vis jacket............you paid your £10 and that was it, do whatever you want within reason, walk and sit where you want, smoke and drink if you want........actually really enjoyed it.

The actual football was pretty gash and I was looking at my phone when the only goal of the game went in but hey ho! :)

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I went to watch Warrington Town vs Hednesford on Saturday.

Forgot how much fun watching football can be when you don't get ordered about by some tit in a high-vis jacket............you paid your £10 and that was it, do whatever you want within reason, walk and sit where you want, smoke and drink if you want........actually really enjoyed it.

The actual football was pretty gash and I was looking at my phone when the only goal of the game went in but hey ho! :)

Warrington are doing decent this season. They won at Sutton the other week in a game that can only be described as being 'gritty'!

• 2 weeks later...

Another sunny Saturday so took myself down Sutton Coldfield Town FC or their match against high flying Spennymoor, who are 2nd (Sutton 21st)

1-0 to Sutton! Now out of the bottom 4 for the first time in months and even more impressive is that they have played the current top 4 at home in the last 2 months and won 3 and drew the other. Fortress Coles Lane!

The IPA went down a blinkin' treat as well in the sun! 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Judging by their name - im inclined to believe they make either adhesives or chew toys for dogs...

If Fido chewed an evostick he would be high as a kite! 

Big few days coming up for my local lot.

The maths are set up that with 4 games of the season left, 2 wins means certain promotion, 3 wins means promoted as champions.

We've a home game tomorrow against the team relegated and bottom of the league (yep, that's got banana skin written all over it) then another home game Tuesday evening against a mid table team with nothing much to play for, they're going to finish somewhere between 8th n 12th.

If we get promoted, that'll be 3 promotions in 4 seasons since being fan owned. Not too shabby.C9YbmkoXsAAHk3f.jpg

• Like 3

Sutton lost 3-2 today at home to Matlock Town. In all honesty, that result flattered Sutton, they were very much second best. Corby's win means we are back in the relegation zone with 2 games to go. 

Monday at home to Halesowen is a must win now... 

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Sutton lost 3-2 today at home to Matlock Town. In all honesty, that result flattered Sutton, they were very much second best. Corby's win means we are back in the relegation zone with 2 games to go. 

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/0/00/Matlock_expressway.png/revision/latest?cb=20101016125258

Edited by Zatman

To set the scene for yesterday's game - when Town were going down the toilet a few years ago, Risca Utd brought along a banner that read 'bye bye, Risca seagulls shit on Barry Island'. 

This season, Risca are bottom of the league and already mathematically relegated. They have clearly gone in to money saving mode and were playing 3 or 4 of their academy kids. In a freak incident during the game yesterday there was a clash between a Risca defender and his own goalkeeper that resulted in the GK being subbed off. No first choice 'keeper and a bunch of kids.

So, with no love lost between the clubs, and the potential of goal difference being like an extra point: 11:0 .... eleven **** nil. If anything it killed the atmosphere, only revived on the 9th goal going in and people chanting 'we want ten'.

Absolute scenes. Most other teams and we'd have probably soft peddled from half time rather than risk an injury ahead of Tuesday evening's game.

Due to the goal difference, we probably only need 2 points from our last three games. 3 points from 3 games and guaranteed promotion.

• Like 4

On 08/04/2017 at 19:50, Xela said:

Another sunny Saturday so took myself down Sutton Coldfield Town FC or their match against high flying Spennymoor, who are 2nd (Sutton 21st)

1-0 to Sutton! Now out of the bottom 4 for the first time in months and even more impressive is that they have played the current top 4 at home in the last 2 months and won 3 and drew the other. Fortress Coles Lane!

The IPA went down a blinkin' treat as well in the sun! 

My old team, good to see them finding some form.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Sutton 1-0 today against Halesowen but Corby also won so Royals remain in bottom 4 going into final game and have to hope Corby don't win their final game as their GD is better.

Richard Sneekes is Sutton manager now btw.

Good result but Corby have found a bit of form. We need to better their result in the last game. We're at Workington, who are decent, plus our away form is shit.

Recent form is decent (19 points from last 11 games) but we were too poor earlier in the season. Sneekes has done a good job, hope he stays if they go down.

Was going to go down today but hangover ruined that! Went Saturday against Matlock and they were outclassed. Did you go today?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Went to Walsall-Swindon instead but have been following Sutton's results a lot more closely since they finally got promoted after 30 odd years.

They've showed in recent months that they can compete in this league but may be too little too late. 

if they are relegated I hope the squad sticks together. Plus I hope the attendances stay as they are as they have improved this year. Over 300 in the last 2 games, which is great. 

Sutton Coldfield Town FC survive! Grafted for a 0-0 draw at top half side Workington, while Corby, who only needed to match Sutton's result lost at Coalville. Up the Royals!

:D:D

Edited by Xela
  • Like 4

I took in Nuneaton v FC United today. 

Beers in the sun, electric atmosphere with the FC fans in the terrace and a 4-1 win for FC. 

Wonderful stuff

I was next to one of the flags in this clip...

Edited by Xela

Â