Under 19s in NextGen series

fantram

siegrist would be between posts if he was not injured. from what i have heard on radio WM last night: 1. spurned a lot of clear chances 2. some offsides (goals) debatable at least 3. shaky defence but with 16 yo talent in it (Webb i suppose) 4. great wing play (Burke?, Graham, Grealish) 5. Gardner dominating and 6. Johnson rotates great moments with poor one. 7. a monster named Sy in Marseille goal 8. non stop laughing on opps acting

Great game last night, just a shame it was ruined by some shameful diving. Their goalkeeper has to be the worst I've seen in a long time, I know he must be young but christ if that's the best they have in their youth they should be worried, summed up by my dad "They call him the cat, the dead cat!".

Carruthers was brilliant for me and I think if he hadn't have gone off injured he might have made that bit of difference for us to have gone and won it.

Hope we are in it again next year as it was a great night, best of all it cost nothing to go including free parking! Well done Villa.

Signed on the competition for the next two years. Pretty excited to be fair. Shame Gardner won't be available.

It has to be a massive positive when you are trying to recruit young talent. Can you imagine the scenario for good local youth talent - come to a very successful youth academy with a fantastic base at Bodymoor Heath and Tony McAndrews in charge with the chance to play against the youth set ups of Europe's premier teams in front of big crowds/on tv OR join the Scum and train on the north face of the Eiger (i.e. Wast Hills!). :winkold:

I was very impressed with several of the players yesterday.

I think that Johnson might become a real player, as will the winger (Cameron?). The two young strikers looked good (Burke and Drennan) and the winger who came on as a sub (Grealich) looked extremely gifted technically.

Bright future for several of the players, me think.

Bloke behind me summed up my feelings after the game.

"We should've left 'em to the Germans". Tossers, the lot of them, complete disgrace.

Lame thing to say and agree with.

What a lame thing to comment on, I'm pretty sure it was a joke. Some people really need to get a life.

sigh.

OBVIOUSLY I'm aware that the two gentlemen are joking. It was just a very lame joke.

Especially when the two people enjoying the 'hilarity' weren't even directly involved in fighting the war. I hate that humour. Dry as old bones.

Anyway I'm here to talk Villa, not get annoyed by ignorance. I apologise for pointing out the idiocy.

Signed on the competition for the next two years. Pretty excited to be fair. Shame Gardner won't be available.

Is this confirmed? Nothing on nextgen website. Good news if it's definite

Radio WM had the game live last night and featured interviews with U19 players and staff tonight one of which was Tony McAndrew who confirmed we are in the tournament for the next 2 years at least. :)

Yeah Brommy is spot on. We've signed up for at least 2 years. It's mentioned in one of the interviews/reports on AVTV as well IIRC.

Those in the team that tweet (that I know of) are bitterly dissappointed and angry at the lineswoman's decision and the play acting that went on in extra time.

"mikeydrennan

my goal was never offside!! #blindwomen"

JackGrealish1

Watchin the highlights from last nite. Gives me shivers watching our goal lol #Goodtimes ! Sum1 plz tell me how @mikeydrennan that offside ?

@mikeydrennan

i no @JackGrealish1 i was never but they are cheating c***s #pricks

Gards38 Gary Gardner

So gutted :( thanks for all the support villa fans were great! Should have got more :(

Gards38 Gary Gardner

Just watched the highlights from last night! Wasnt offside at all! We got robbed! Horrible feeling! Still feel sick gutted! Keep strong!!!!

Nice report from Neil Moxley in the Daily Mail

Just watched the highlights - real heart breaker - deserved more.

Have to say every time I have watched Daniel Johnson play he has impressed me. Long way to go from youth to senior level. As much about mentality as ability. But my fingers are crossed for him.

• 2 months later...

For those curious the semi between Marseille and Inter is on ESPN at the moment. Ajaz beat Liverpool 6-0 in the other semi. Rather than taking place in Abu Dhabi, though, the semi is taking place in the rather less sunny setting of Brentford (Griffin Park) :D Currently 1-0 to Inter

For those curious the semi between Marseille and Inter is on ESPN at the moment. Ajaz beat Liverpool 6-0 in the other semi. Rather than taking place in Abu Dhabi, though, the semi is taking place in the rather less sunny setting of Brentford (Griffin Park) :D Currently 1-0 to Inter

It must be a repeat as the tournament is done and dusted.

• 1 month later...

do we have any u19s left that are not playing in the first team?

joking aside, this would be a great platform for daniel johnson... lets hope he takes the tournament by storm...

Â